HD Supply (NASDAQ:HDS) ( www.hdsupply.com ) is one of the largest industrial distributors in North America. The company provides a broad range of products and value-add services to approximately 500,000 customers with leadership positions in maintenance, repair and operations and specialty construction sectors. Through approximately 260 locations across 36 states and six Canadian provinces, the company's approximately 11,000 associates provide localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success. With an active commitment to the communities in which we operate, HD Supply associates are part of a thriving organization that supports the virtues of wellness, diversity and inclusion - all of which are top priorities for the company. Equally as important is empowering our associates to grow professionally while providing competitive benefits and compensation. If you're ready to find a rewarding career and achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD Supply is ready for you!
Job Description & Qualifications
Responsible for driving large cross-functional projects focused on bringing value to operations process improvement. Utilize high-level strategic thinking and data elements to streamline and enhance processes throughout the business.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Utilizes high-level strategic thinking to solve multi-faceted problems through understanding of fundamental issues throughout the organization at all levels. Identifies and implements best practices based on industry knowledge.
- Drives large cross-functional projects focusing on value creation through process improvement.
- Identifies new, effective processes that add value to the bottom line.
- Enforces continuous process improvement/corrective action/preventative action plan implementation based on analytical findings supported by reporting and metrics.
- Determines goals, direction and action steps necessary to maximize short- and long-term success of projects in departments.
- Partners cross-functionally with project team and other functional areas in driving change within business.
- Serves as liaison with internal clients, operations staff, senior management and others affiliated with the project team.
Nature and Scope
- Solutions require analysis and investigation.
- Achieves planned results by decisions and actions based on professional methods, business principles, and practical experience. May recommend/make decisions regarding new programs/initiatives that have significant impact to the business and carry consequences in unsuccessful endeavors.
- Manages a larger team or multiple small teams through direction of subordinate management and/or supervisory staff.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Frequent periods are spent standing or sitting in the same location with some opportunity to move about. Occasionally there may be a requirement to stoop or lift light material or equipment (typically less than 8 pounds).
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 7+ years of experience in a related field. May require certification. Advanced degree may offset less experience in some disciplines.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- Preferred Qualifications
- 5-10 years experience in operations, supply chain management and / orconsulting.
- 5-10 years experience leading / managing people.
- Experience in labor management and / or workforce management models, forecasting, systems and implementations in a multi-unit setting.
- Experience using ERP systems (Oracle, SAP, Infor SXE, etc.) for supply chain planning and execution.
- Demonstrated experience in supply chain improvement methodologies: Six Sigma, APICS modules, Lean, 5S, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in process improvement and / or operations optimization in a distribution center and / or retail environment.
Job Locations US-GA-Atlanta
Posted Date 3 months ago (10/17/2019 5:54 PM)
Job ID 2019-35269
Business Unit Facilities Maintenance
Functional Area Operations
Remote Position? No
Position Type Full-Time
Posting Location : Postal Code 30339
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.