The Region Manager will have overall responsibility for a single large strategic customer with multiple locations that can develop into several customers encompassing a broad geographic area. Primary objectives are:
- Meet and exceed Penske's contractual commitments
- Be a leader of leaders by developing current and future leaders. Someone that takes pride in having people ready and promoted within or out of their team.
- Develop positive and engaged customer business relationships resulting in strong voice of customer scores. Achieving a relationship where your customer(s) act as references to other customers about Penske's service
- Innovate through challenging and championing change management both internally to Penske and externally with our customer(s).
- Pursue vertical growth opportunities through both local customer interaction and engaging the Penske Core Selling Team process.
- Provides opportunities for associates to work on meaningful projects to increase knowledge sharing and development.
- Interview and hire salaried associates up to Region Manager level
- Develop, mentor and promote strong performers at all levels of operations
- Achieving a high performing team
- Exemplify the Penske culture and commitment to integrity and code of ethics.
- Develop tactical and strategic plans to build talent pipeline through associate development
- Meet profit and growth objectives
- Drive consistent operational performance across all locations with a focus on safety, service and cost
- Ensure all operations are optimally staffed and organized to maximize performance and service delivery
- Manages P&L & revenue growth for one or more regions or territories
- Identifies synergies among all of the locations to drive productivity and to implement best practice
- Works with the immediate team as well as the multitude of partner teams and support functions to develop and implement business plans to improve financial performance year over year
- Negotiates with customers for growth, rate adjustments, scope changes, etc.
- Instill in the operations leadership team and all associates that safe performance is a critical element required to achieve success and is a recognized indicator of individual and team effectiveness. Safety first.
- Actively participate in the development and effective execution of location safety strategies and performance goals
- Ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory agencies and company policies and procedures.
Growth / Customer Experience:
- Understand the competitive landscape of the customer's business across the globe and align resources to develop a solution
- Work with Core Selling Team to develop and maintain the strategic growth plan for the customer
- Establish and maintain relationships with key decision makers at multiple levels within the customer's organization.
Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Supply Chain Management preferred
• 6 - 10 years related functional experience, with successful P&L responsibility
• 3 - 5 years progressively successful managerial experience
• Industry certifications preferred
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
• Self-starter and highly motivated
• Highly organized and able to prioritize initiatives
• Team Builder
• Executive level presence and presentation skills
• Problem Solving / Process Improvement
• Project Management, including the ability to start-up or close-down an operation
• Engineering and IT awareness, including supply chain modeling
• Knowledge of Penske tools and technology (DCC, DCM, LLP/TM)
• Multiple Supply Chain Service Line experience preferred ((DCC, DCM, LLP/TM)
• Financial acumen
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.