Supervisor of Distribution
In work and in life. On the field, the court or the ice. Nothing wins like a commitment to excellence, to your team and your goals. At DICK'S Sporting Goods, it's this kind of thinking that inspires our mission to be the #1 choice for athletes and sports enthusiasts like you.
Every athlete knows what it takes to reach a new goal: a sound game plan for improvement, along with the discipline, focus and commitment required to execute the plan. At DICK'S Sporting Goods, we draw on these same qualities to advance toward our goal of becoming the number one sports and fitness specialty retailer for athletes and outdoor enthusiasts, through the relentless improvement of everything we do. Every day, we're making steady progress toward this objective. Our formula for success is simple: We offer a wide selection of authentic sports, fitness and outdoor merchandise in a convenient, shopper-friendly environment; and we offer a strict financial discipline. Year after year, our unwavering commitment to these principles has enabled DICK'S Sporting Goods to deliver consistent financial performance.
DICK'S Sporting Goods operates 4 state-of-the-art distribution centers located in Smithton, PA near Pittsburgh, Plainfield, IN near Indianapolis, Atlanta, GA and in Goodyear, AZ. Associates at our Distribution Centers are responsible for the final transportation of merchandise to the sales floor. Our critical team members literally "deliver" the DICK'S experience to our customers.
As a DICK'S Sporting Goods Distribution Center Supervisor, you will be responsible for achieving company objectives by overseeing specific operational aspects within the Atlanta Distribution Center.
Essential functions of this position include:
- Verifying accurate information is entered into warehouse management system
- Forecasting & responding to production volume and manpower needs in order to maximize productivity and ensure quality
- Training, developing & supervising non-exempt associates
- Developing and implementing methods and procedures to improve efficiency, safety of operations, and inventory integrity
- Maintaining the security of all merchandise and capital equipment in assigned departments
- Promoting and maintaining high employee morale and safety
- Coaching and counseling employee performance and attendance issues
- Other duties as assigned