Sorry, Visa / sponsorship not available.
Manufacturing Maintenance Technician
Manufacturing Maintenance Technician
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Maintenance Technician is accountable for all maintenance functions for the entire facility during his/her daily shift, under direction of the Maintenance or Engineering Supervisor. The incumbent will coordinate his/her area activities utilizing current industry practices to be effective in meeting company goals and objectives.
This position has direct and indirect impact on the following areas.
- Product Quality (Process make up)
- Finished Goods Production Quality
- Packaging Lines (Wrap Room operations)
- Product Quality (Warehousing)
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
DECISION MAKING/PROBLEM SOLVING AUTHORITY:
(Types of problems this position has authority to resolve; those that need to be referred to the supervisor for resolution or approval of the position's recommendation; authority position has for hire/terminate, capital expenditure, material purchase, salary action, etc.; existence of policy/procedure governing the position.)
Resolve all electrical, instrumentation, and HVAC systems and equipment downtime issues in an expeditious manner to minimize negative impact to the production shift operations.
- Perform the timely completion of scheduled and unscheduled maintenance tasks.
- Perform preventive and emergency maintenance repairs.
- Follow through to completion of assigned maintenance projects.
- Identify relevant maintenance materials, parts, or devices that are essential to supporting plant operations.
- Provide technical support to peers within the maintenance organization.
- Ensure that vendor/contractor personnel work in compliance with cGMPs, FDA, company safety rules/regulations, and NEC with support of Supervisor.
- Act as a primary resource to maintain equipment and systems that are described as "critical" which are vital to the plant's continued operation i.e.,
- Flour distribution system, Process water distribution system, Mixing, Dividers, Proofing, Ovens, Coolers, and etc..
- Assist Engineering management with utilization of current industry practices to develop preventive maintenance tasks to maintain the facilities' systems and equipment.
- Keep the appropriate individuals informed in regards to matters that concern them.
- Use and understand technical data, technical manuals, and manufacturers' handbooks, as well as engineering instructions.
- Assist in troubleshooting and repair of plant systems and equipment with or without OEM technical manuals, blueprints/drawings, or schematics as necessary.
- Actively support the Company's mission, goals and programs
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
This position requires the following:
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- 5 years practical experience in the industrial maintenance field, which must include working with automation technologies. (PLCs, HMIs, VFDs and etc.)
- Five (5) years working in a manufacturing industry i.e., food processing, chemical, beverage/bottling, Dairy or Baking.
- Practical knowledge of Safety rules and regulations in the work place.
- Demonstrate leadership ability.(minimum three years supervisory experience)
- Knowledge and hands-on experience in repair and maintenance of an industrial facility.
- Hands-on experience troubleshooting motor control circuitry, and instrumentation used for controls, monitoring and measurement.
- Ability to interpret various forms of blueprints, schematics, drawings, ladder logic, or technical manuals.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Computer knowledge for processing and data entry.
- Windows operating environment
- Microsoft office suite
- Internet and e-mail
- Ability to work well with individuals of various disciplines (internal and external).
- High level of confidence and attention to detail.
- Practical knowledge of Current Good Manufacturing Practices for the manufacture, processing, packing, holding of fresh bakery goods.
- Practical knowledge of OHSA regulations in relation to area of discipline
- Ability to provide necessary personal tools (list available upon request)
- Formal studies/training as part of an Associates, Diploma, or trade program.
- Pipe fitting, soldering and brazing
- Welding and Fabrication techniques
- Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) program edit ability
- Five (5) years working in the Food, Baking and Beverage industry.
PHYSICAL and other REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to reach, squat, walk and bend.
- Ability to drive own or company vehicle or ride as a passenger in another employee's or company vehicle.
- Ability to operate and/or ride in high-reach lift equipment or vehicles and perform tasks.
- Ability to perform intricate tasks, read small print and to see at normal distances.
- Excellent small muscle skills.
- Excellent hand-eye coordination.
- Ability to hear within normal ranges in person and over telephone.
- Ability to distinguish color.
- Ability to speak clearly in person or over telephone.
- Ability and willingness to do assignments at other company sites in the Baltimore region.
- Ability to provide and use personal hand tools.