CITY OF INDUSTRY, CA (CADC)
DISTRIBUTION AND OPERATIONS – LOGISTICS
Ship it out! - We are on the search for an Exports Coordinator who helps manage the efficient and economical movement of goods across international borders in accordance with organizational policies and in compliance with relevant local, country and international customs laws and processes.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Administer all daily functions of export shipments.
- Ensure all styles are assigned HTS code and the PO system is updated.
- Assists in daily logistic activities with export movement of merchandise and supports logistics providers of international carriers, consolidators, etc., needed by the Company.
- Assists in the exporting compliance process.
- Maintain record keeping of all Customs related paperwork for export entries.
- Monitor daily data sent to The Canadian Customs Broker for the eCommerce and retail shipments crossing over to Canada.
- Review weekly and monthly invoicing data and properly GL code it for accounts payable.
- Coordinate with the carrier and internal teams to maintain eCommerce undelivered packages
- Tracks daily supply chain requirements, industry trends and collects data for supply chain metrics.
- Create export paper work for shipments crossing international borders.
- Performs other job duties as needed.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Hot Topic, benefits are a big deal, and we've got you covered You can also enroll qualifying family members in our medical, dental and vision plans. After completing 30 days of employment, benefits are effective on the 1st of the following month.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Maternity Support Program
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
FINANCIAL & RETIREMENT
- 401(k) Plan
- Deferred Compensation Plan-
- Bonus Potential
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Associates Degree or equivalent experience required.
- Experience in preparing export documentation (invoices, packing lists, etc.) in compliance with U.S. and Canada Customs requirements.
- Experience in working with freight forwarders, brokers and export partners to ensure outbound shipments meet shipping deadlines.
- Understanding of compliance to all applicable government regulations of U.S. and Canada.
- Competent understanding of Harmonized Code classification with a focus in wearing apparel.
At Hot Topic we pride ourselves on being the destination of pop culture and music merchandise. We do this by hiring the best people, having the best product, and providing the best customer experience for our one-of-a-kind fans.
Founded in 1989 in a Southern California garage, Hot Topic employs over 10,000 associates between 600 retail locations, our headquarters, and two distribution centers. We give back to our communities in our partnerships with Mental Health America, Notes for Notes, and Little Kids Rock.
Hot Topic's unique culture thrives in an open and collaborative work environment where autonomy and authenticity shape your success. As a company that stays ahead of trends, we want you to come with innovative perspectives, cutting-edge thought leadership, and a readiness to learn, all of which will contribute to the continued success of our business. We've built an inclusive community where you're encouraged to be who you are and love what you do!
Qualified Candidates, Please CLICK APPLY BELOW and complete the online application that follows to be considered for this amazing opportunity!