Airfreight Export Agent
Shipco Transport Inc. a leading international cargo transportation company, has an immediate opening at our Los Angeles airfreight office for an experienced Airfreight Export Agent.
We are looking for a candidate who is dynamic, highly motivated, reliable and who understands and appreciates the importance of a team effort.
The Airfreight Export Agent is a critical role in which the incumbent coordinates all aspects of exporting shipments.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Shipment processing, rate negotiation, booking and documentation
- Coordination of consolidations
- Communication with overseas agents offices
- Minimum 3-5 years operations and customer service experience in airfreight cargo consolidations is required. Preferably from an airfreight consolidator or neutral wholesale background, but a candidate with NVOCC, VOCC or freight forwarder experience may also apply.
- DG Certified preferred.
- Candidate must be knowledgeable in all aspects of daily airfreight operations, customer service, documentation and government and carrier regulations, including TSA and CCSF.
- Candidate must have a professional demeanor with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Attention to detail is a must, as well as excellent organization skills.
- Candidate must enjoy a fast paced, multi-tasking environment and be comfortable addressing multiple issues, providing resolution and prioritizing workload.
- Candidate must have a high energy level with a sense of urgency and customer service mentality.
We offer a positive and friendly atmosphere with opportunities for advancement and personal growth. Salary is commensurate with experience.
We offer medical, dental, life, vision, STD and LTD insurance. We also offer a flexible benefits plan, optional wellness program and a matching 401(k) plan.