Maintain the cleanliness and general maintenance of both SYGMA buildings to insure that sanitation and compliance standards are adhered to per Sysco/ SYGMA and regulatory guidelines.
- Attend training and practice knowledge of SOP's and all company policies and procedures as they relate to food and associate safety practices. Notify management immediately of violations of SOP's.
- Maintain current and updated sanitation logs.
- Perform scheduled and timely sanitation duties as per sanitation log, and as directed by Warehouse Management.
- Assist the warehouse department as needed and directed by Warehouse Management.
- Maintain cleanliness of all warehouse floors by sweeping, mopping and scrubbing
- Responsible to keep restrooms and break rooms clean and restocked throughout the day
- Maintain period sanitation checklist for both buildings per AIB, Silliker and customer standards.
- Paint surfaces as needed
- Clean and maintain outside grounds
- Clean and maintain outside garbage cans, dumpsters and their enclosures along with the compactor and surrounding area
- Perform lawn care such as mowing grass, weed control, landscaping etc...
- Repair any minor maintenance issues such as door guards, floor cracks, broken door locks, replacing light bulbs and any minor equipment repairs etc....
- Provide assistance to more skilled workers involved in building or equipment maintenance such as replacement or repair.
- Clean and help maintain all warehouse equipment including forklifts, pallet jacks and SWAT equipment.
- Recycling duties including use of cardboard and plastic baler.
- General office cleaning including vacuuming
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
A high school diploma/GED or equivalent in experience is required. 1 - 2 years of warehouse experience in food distribution is preferred .
Work is primarily medium to heavy in nature with frequent walking. You must be able to communicate clearly. There will be periods of prolonged standing and occasional lifting of 50 lbs to 75lbs.
You must be able to read text that is close and at a distance with or without correction. In addition you must be able to perform manual task, hear, sit, reach, bend, and interact with others.
Activities occur inside the warehouse (protected from weather conditions, but not temperature changes). You are subject to extreme cold while working in the freezer. Hazardous conditions may exist, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical current, and working in high places.
Standard equipment includes a pallet jack, forklift, scrubber and sweeper. Additional equipment you may be required to operate include a PC, AS/400, calculator, copier, fax machine, printer, telephone and battery charger.