Discover the power of one — and all — at Core-Mark
Come join the team that has been empowering customers, investing in people and serving communities for 130 years. The Power of One. Strengthen By All.
Core-Mark (Nasdaq CORE) www.core-mark.com
Core-Mark is a Fortune 300 company that continues to grow as an industry leader in fresh and broad-line solutions to the convenience retail industry. Our reputation of empowering customers, employees, and communities has allowed us to build over $16 Billion in revenue. Through our 32 distribution centers, we offer a full range of products, programs, and solutions to customers across the U.S. and Canada.
At Core-Mark, you will discover a culture that enables you to grow, challenges you to achieve, and embraces you as family. Show us your power and come explore your opportunities with Core-Mark.
THE POWER OF ONE. STRENGTHENED BY ALL.
The Tax Accountant will assist with preparation and filing of Canadian and US Sales tax returns. They will participate in tax research, audits, and other department projects.
- Prepare and file Canadian and U.S. Sales, Excise and Property tax returns
- Prepare tax working papers, reconciliations and investigate discrepancies
- Provide tax and audit support to Core-Mark Divisions, in Canada and USA
- Prepared payment of tax invoices and cheque requests
- Prepare mailing envelopes and FedEx packages when required
- Conduct tax research, as required
- Participate in Tax Department projects, as required
Skills & Experiences:
- University/College Business Degree/Diploma with emphasis in Accounting or University or college student currently enrolled in an accounting or diploma program - preferred
- Accounting Designation preferred - CPA (U.S.), CPA-CA or CPA-CGA
- Minimum tax experience working in a medium to large-sized corporation
- Good analytical skills
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite with strong Excel skills with the ability to learn new computer software
- Ability to analyze system data and prepare timely and accurate reports
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Candidate must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, well-organized with the ability to multi-task
- Candidate must be a team-player with effective interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Tax compliance, tax research and SAP (or similar large ERP System) an asset
At Core-Mark, we know your power comes from your overall well-being and the well-being of your family. That's why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that supports the health of you and your family. As a part of our family, your benefit offerings include:
- Highly Competitive Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Medical Coverage including: Massage Therapy, Chiropractic, and other Paramedical Practitioners
- Core-Benefits: Life (includes dependent coverage), Disability, & Employee Assistance Program paid by Core-Mark
- Work/Life Balance: Sick Leave, Vacation Time, Holidays, & Tuition Reimbursement
- Financial Wellness: RRSP with a 50% match on the first 6% contributed, Paid Direct Drug Card, & Scholarship Opportunities for children of employees
At Core-Mark we are a family. We are committed to creating an environment that embraces and enables all to reach their full potential. It is through empowering every employee to bring their full self and full power to work that makes Core-Mark collectively stronger. THE POWER OF ONE. STRENGTHENED BY ALL.