Discover the power of one — and all — at Core-Mark
Come join the team that has been empowering customers, investing in people and serving communities for 130 years. The Power of One. Strengthen By All.
Core-Mark (Nasdaq CORE) www.core-mark.com
Core-Mark is a Fortune 300 company that continues to grow for over 130 years as an industry leader in fresh and broad-line solutions to the convenience retail industry. Our reputation of empowering customers, employees, and communities has allowed us to build over $16 Billion in revenue. Through our 32 distribution centers, we offer a full range of products, programs, and solutions to customers across the U.S. and Canada.
At Core-Mark, you will discover a culture that enables you to grow, challenges you to achieve, and embraces you as family. Show us your power and come explore your opportunities with Core-Mark.
THE POWER OF ONE. STRENGTHENED BY ALL.
Our Sales Development Representative plays a critical role within of our sales team. You will visit customers on a regular basis to perform selling and merchandising functions in-store, including placing orders or assisting customer to enter online ordering systems. A successful candidate will have effectively demonstrated the ability to influence, provide a unique perspective, engage with customers on linking their priorities to our value proposition and understand the competitive landscape. This individual should possess strong attention to detail, critical thinking, communication skills and a drive to win.
This position provides service to our customers in Northern Alberta which requires availability and willingness to frequently travel throughout the designated sales territory with infrequent overnight travel required at times.
- Merchandising according to established plan-o-grams and checking previously sold products for code dates.
- Growing sales through increasing sales to existing customer base or new accounts as required.
- Supporting Territory Manager's sales strategies and key initiatives.
- Being customer service focused. Working in tandem, and providing support to, the Territory Manager and Manufacture Vendors to promote Programs available through Core-Mark such as SmartStock, Smart Sets, VCI, marketing programs and other support services.
- Advising accounts of discontinued, inactive, and replacement items; reviewing and monitoring plus-outs and promotions.
- Ensuring follow-ups of all logistics according to chain contracts, including programs/specials, custom retail pricing, order books, and informational reports.
- Filing weekly call reports with Manager noting issues, action items and be able to handle tracking of action items until completed.
- Communicating with Manager to discuss chain programs, competitive activities, and store-level opportunities.
- Keeping accounts in terms in accordance with Accounts Receivable.
- Performing additional duties as assigned.
- Complying with health and safety policies and procedures.
Skills & Experiences:
- Customer service experience.
- Proven retail/merchandising and sales experience.
- Outside sales experience is considered an asset.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to be adaptable and flexible.
- A willingness and openness to taking on new challenges and tasks.
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience working with a diverse group.
- High school graduate or General Educational Development (GED) certificate.
- Basic to intermediate abilities with Microsoft Office Applications.
- High comfort level in learning internal computer systems.
- Ability to life and move up to 50lbs frequently.
- Must have a valid driver's license and reliable vehicle with current insurance.
- Importantly, from a cultural perspective, this person will be passionate, results oriented, collaborative, have a strong work ethic and be self-motivated.
Core-Mark provides a competitive compensation package.
At Core-Mark, we know your power comes from your overall well-being and the well-being of your family. That's why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that supports the health of you and your family. As a part of our family, your benefit offerings include:
- Highly Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Medical Coverage including Massage Therapy, Chiropractic and other Paramedical Practitioners
- Core-Benefits: Life, Disability and Employee Assistance Program
- Work/Life Balance: Sick Leave, Vacation Time, Holidays and Tuition Reimbursement
- Financial Wellness: RRSP Matching Program, Direct Billing and Scholarship Opportunities for Children of Employees
At Core-Mark we are a family. We are committed to creating an environment that embraces and enables all to reach their full potential. It is through empowering every employee to bring their full self and full power to work that makes Core-Mark collectively stronger.
THE POWER OF ONE. STRENGTHENED BY ALL.