Discover the power of one — and all — at Core-Mark
Come join the team that has been empowering customers, investing in people and serving communities for 130 years. The Power of One. Strengthen By All.
Text CORE to 97211 to apply
The Inventory Control Quality Control Specialist will perform functions and duties in support of the delivery of first quality products to customers of Core-Mark Northern New England. The I. C. Quality Control Specialist will work to ensure best practices are performed across departments in alignment with Core-Mark strategy and core values.
Primary Job Functions:
- Ability to take direction but also work independently and prioritize/re-prioritize work.
- Daily auditing and management of product through the use of expiry reports found both in DCMS and Excel.
- Daily inspection of perishable items - primarily stocked in the Cooler - auditing freshness, expiration dates, package quality and proper stock rotation.
- Daily audit of Krispy K Fresh Chicken program auditing freshness, expiration dates, package quality and proper stock rotation. The QC Specialist will facilitate and monitor the movement of short-coded product to the Frozen line.
- Semimonthly inspection of commodity 75 (Tobacco line) to ensure product meets Ship Days Before Expiry guidelines.
- Monthly inspection of commodity's 80 and 85 (Cigarette line) to ensure product meets Ship Days Before Expiry guidelines.
- Other regularly scheduled audits of date-sensitive lines such as Hostess, BIBs and other Dry items as appropriate.
- Corrections and additions to product dates within the Distribution Center Management System as needed.
- Spot-check inspections as requested by outside departments related to item quality, food safety, correct stocking, expiration date, lot codes, correct pack-size, etc. Follow-up will be made in response to the request and in support of the process correction to prevent further delivery issues.
- Point-person for product inspection of Class 1, 2 and 3 Product Recall and Market Withdrawal notifications from the FDA. Will be required to follow all proper procedures and report out all required information to the C-M NNE Recall Coordinator and appropriate parties within specified time-frame.
- Daily review of Receiving Inspection Reports. Report errors and omissions to Daytime Operations Management as needed. Print log-tag data when required.
- Area temperature recording/validation, temperature gun calibrations.
- Analysis and reporting of processes and controls specifically relating to stocking and receiving in order to facilitate the delivery of first quality product in a timely manner.
- Perform Cycle Count functions and assist Quality Assurance/Food Safety as needed and appropriate.
- Other duties as needed and assigned.
- Ability to work courteously and respectfully with supervision and others.
- Strong attention to detail, ability to remain focused in a busy work environment and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Competency with system applications including DCMS, Outlook, Excel, Word and other warehouse management systems.
- Powered equipment certification and a safe operating record. E.g. pallet jack, reach lift, order picker, skyjack. Training and certification will be provided as appropriate.
- Ability to decipher Julian codes.
- Ability to perform functions with an RF gun.
- Prior knowledge of warehousing operations, products, shipping, receiving and handling practices.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with personnel from multiple internal departments while persisting in the pursuit of continuous process improvement
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Normal warehouse/industrial environment subject to climate and housekeeping variations.
- Significant amount of time spent standing, walking, exposed to reduced ambient temperatures. Occasional lifting, bending, etc.