Marketing and Sales
Analyst - Domestic
Domestic Analyst performs daily operations for the Domestic program for one of the largest global ocean carriers. Some of the responsibilities are include rail billing, inventory level review, processing street turns, communication with customers/vendors/internal teams, and basic performance reporting. This position involves monitoring and analyzing equipment inventory and cargo flow for the purpose of minimizing the empty repositioning cost of the unused container equipment. Developing and maintaining productive relationships with customers with speed and accuracy will be most significant. Executing marketing and sales plans set forth by management to achieve micro and macro goals. Demonstrate strong business acumen as well as mental agility to discover creative solutions and work collaboratively in a global organization. Good knowledge of current Domestic market, services, vendors, and key customers. Requires close communication, coordination, and planning with Operations and Equipment Control teams.
- Execute action plans which will aid Domestic team reach and exceed goals set forth internally by the department and by ONE.
- Perform analysis by closely monitoring the equipment repositioning cost s and updating systems continually to reflect up-to-date accuracy.
- Assist in the analysis and maintenance of departmental reports.
- Work together with regional operational staff regarding empty repositioning and provision of equipment to the ONE Domestic Freight Program.
- Work with BPIT to report any issues, suggest enhancements or create new processes/IT solutions to increase efficiency as necessar y .
- Ability and willingness to travel, if needed... especially to interact with customers.
Core Required Skills and Competencies:
- Basic negotiation skills
- Ability to evaluate dat a , analyze, and problem solve
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to react quickly and be fluid amidst market changes, service updates, and make timely decisions to increase business results
- Sound decision-making and problem-solving skills
Function Specific Required Skills and Competencies:
- Proficiency in MS application s : Exce l , Word, and PowerPoint
- Energetic, self-motivated, positive attitude
- Articulate with written communication skills
- Working knowledge of EQC and Intermodal operations
Required Minimum Years Experience:
2 years of industry experience (preferably in domestic Transport Operations)
Required Minimum Education:
Bachelor's degree preferred