Mondelēz International, Inc. empowers people to snack right in over 150 countries around the world. We're leading the future of snacking with iconic brands such as Oreo, belVita and LU biscuits; Cadbury Dairy Milk, Milka and Toblerone chocolate; Sour Patch Kids candy and Trident gum. Our 80,000 colleagues around the world are key to the success of our business. Great people and great brands. That's who we are.
Join us on our mission to continue leading the future of snacking around the world by offering the right snack, for the right moment, made the right way. It's time for you to Make It with Mondelēz International.
Under the direction of the Business Unit Manager, this position is responsible for maintaining safety, quality, cost, delivery and morale on all lines within the Business Unit to meet Plant goals and expectations. The person in this position will work closely with Support Department (Maintenance, Quality, Sanitation, and Material Handling) personnel, Processing/Packaging Supervisors, Business Unit Leader and the Business Unit Manager to coordinate activities within the Business Unit while managing a line, multiple lines, or the shift. They will serve as the point of contact for Business Unit Issues as designated by the Business Unit Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage daily line operations in Processing and/or Packaging. Insure lines are running properly, identifies the need for, arranges for and coordinates maintenance repair, replacement, or upgrades.
- Directs personnel and activities to achieve consistent, highest quality products at the lowest possible cost.
- Attends Daily Shift Pass and/or DMS meeting daily.
- Insures compliance with GMPs and all regulatory requirements.
- Insures proper allocation of direct labor to lines on a daily basis thru LIS.
- Insures employees are paid correctly.
- Enters shift information into SAP.
- Utilizes SAP to manage maintenance of line equipment.
- Maintains good labor relations and resolves all verbal grievances and other labor related issues in a timely manner.
- Participates in evaluation/training of hourly personnel.
- Insure employees follow all Naperville Plant, Local, State, and Federal Health and Safety rules and regulations including EPA and OSHA.
- Coordinate and follow up on all reportable and near miss accidents.
- Conduct weekly Safety Scans and follow up on observed issues.
- Maintain all line related system and regulatory documentation on their shift. Lead DMS, Green Room and/or Huddle Board Meetings for specific lines/areas.
- Communicate and coordinate issues during shift transitions.
- Coordinate and manage weekly line startups and changeovers.
- Insure compliance with systems and regulatory requirements.
- Document all line related system and regulatory records.
- Acts as Point of Contact/Leader for line, shift, or project.
- Delivers training programs to hourly personnel.
- Coordinates and prioritizes DMS, Green Room information, ideas, and suggestions.
- Considered a Subject Matter Expert for their line or process.
- Participates in Process/Line design layouts and Capital Project Implementation.
- Oversees and manages line start-ups and changeovers.
- Participates in preventative maintenance planning.
- Requests cross functional resources for line related issues.
- Communicates critical issues to team members.
- Submits/Oversees work orders and follows up with functional departments and Supervisors to address internal and external facility sanitation audit issues.
- Reviews and addresses operational issues in area of responsibility.
- Coordinates follow up on key quality issues.
- Takes lead with regard to disciplinary issues.
- Responsible for compliance with Indirect Budget requirements.
- Develops and implements strategies to improve communication of critical Business Unit issues to the hourly workforce.
- All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications - Internal
- Bachelor's Degree
- Strong Work Ethic.
- Excellent Communication Skills that facilitate effective communication with management, team members and other
- Bakery Departments.
- Ability to work as part of a team and promote a positive, cooperative work environment.
Mondelēz Global LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to be considered for this position.