Discover the power of one — and all — at Core-Mark
Come join the team that has been empowering customers, investing in people and serving communities for 130 years. The Power of One. Strengthen By All.
Core-Mark (Nasdaq CORE)
Core-Mark is one of the largest marketers of fresh and broad-line supply solutions to the convenience retail industry in North America. Founded in 1888, Core-Mark offers a full range of products, marketing programs and technology solutions to over 43,000 customer locations in the U.S. and Canada through 32 distribution centers (excluding two distribution facilities the Company operates as a third party logistics provider). Core-Mark services traditional convenience retailers, grocers, drug, liquor and specialty stores, and other stores that carry convenience products.
$15.7 billion in revenue and growing! Core-Mark is ranked 257 on Fortune's 500 list of America's largest companies. Our corporate culture provides a progressive, growth-oriented work environment, where you will enjoy greater autonomy, and a strong team atmosphere. We are seeking a professional with a high potential for advancement.
The Transportation Supervisor position reports to the Transportation Manager and assists with oversight of delivery routing, truck scheduling operations, vehicle maintenance programs, fuel tax reporting and monitoring compliance with D.O.T. procedures and standards.
- Administers truck routing operations: alone or with Fleet Router, schedules drivers, arranges routes, and allocates vehicles for outbound and inbound (backhaul) needs.
- Monitors, coordinates maintenance, fueling and specialty needs.
- Schedules vehicle repairs and maintains requisite D.O.T. reporting.
- Arranges vehicle fueling in most cost efficient manner.
- Arranges temporary vehicles as required.
- Monitors driver's requisite operating skills.
- Coach/Mentor Drivers to reach full potential
- Assist Transportation Mgr. in arranging driver training and testing as required.
- Maintains D.O.T. vehicle condition reporting.
- Ensures application of safety, accident-prevention standards, methods, and procedures.
- Communicates with customers in regards to operating schedules and delivery problems
Required Skills and Experiences
- CDL Class A (preferred, not required)
- Able to work a flexible schedule.
- Minimum of 2 years transportation management experience.
- Thorough understanding of DOT regulations and compliance, especially hours of service.
- Advanced user of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience using AS400 and computerized routing software.
- High school graduate with two years higher education or equivalent required.