Director, CPD - Central Campus
Essential Job Functions :
- Sets strategic direction for Business Operations, Supply Chain, Entrepreneurs area in alignment with College and CPD strategic plans.
- Plans, creates, and implements contract, grant, and open enrollment schedule of Business Operations, Supply Chain, Entrepreneurs area along with offerings of industry-recognized certifications to generate required revenues to exceed expenses.
- Reviews, creates curriculum and new class offerings according to demand, market trends and the WECM. This includes the selection of textbooks, other ancillary material, supplies and equipment depending on classrooms and labs for appropriate delivery methods - face-to-face, hybrid, online.
- Makes daily class decisions to make or cancel classes based on enrollment; solves problems that arise with class scheduling, class instruction, class registration and/or student dissatisfaction.
- Evaluates and provides continuing quality improvement for Business Operations, Supply Chain, Entrepreneurs courses based on paper and/or electronic valuation tools.
- Recruits, selects, orients, manages, supervises, and evaluates faculty; ensures that faculty credentials meet all necessary agency requirements.
- Supervise, manage, approve payroll and motivate one administrative assistant.
- Establishes and manages area budget and business plan. Makes income and expense decisions based upon revenue in excess of expense goal.
- Collects information about Business Operations, Supply Chain, Entrepreneurs training needs for amending programs and/or creating new programs through participation in advisory committees, trade organizations and individual meetings with companies or community groups.
- Market Continuing & Professional Development training at opportunities at local, professional, business and industries venues. Represents CPD or program area in various related events.
- Coordinates Program Advisory Committee but will serve as an ex-officio member.
- Builds partnerships and collaborations with industry, agencies, and other organizations to better meet the need of the community and increase the revenue over expenses for the program area.
Additional Job Functions :
- Works cooperatively and professionally with internal partners in both credit and non-credit programs.
- Teaches/manages class in an emergency. (i.e. faculty absence at last minute.)
- Attend all required meetings for CPD and the College.
- Writes reports as required by College leadership and agency regulations in a timely manner.
- Insures a professional environment is maintained in program/course labs or other meeting rooms.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Salary is based on the Board-approved salary schedule for the current fiscal year.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Business Operations, Supply Chain, Entrepreneurs area skills.
- Knowledge of project management, program evaluation, leadership, & organizational development.
- Ability to perform budget development, implementation, and monitor funds.
- Ability to perform strategic planning, problem-solving, and conflict resolution.
- Excellent written and oral communication knowledge and skills.
- Ability to identify appropriate program opportunities and execute programs within specified parameters.
- Ability to think innovatively with a positive attitude, initiative and willingness to put creative ideas in motion.
- Excellent public relations skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple entities, institutions and individuals.
- Ability to multitask and achieve objectives in a timely manner.
- Ability to execute and perform duties independently with limited supervision.
- Knowledge of and ability to implement policies and procedures.
- Computer skills, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Internet
- Effectively demonstrates knowledge of training trends
- Possess effective listening skills
- Ability to demonstrate the College values.
- Must be willing to work evenings, holidays or weekends depending on activities and special events
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college/university
- Master's degree from a regionally accredited college/university
- Three (3) years of experience in business operations, supply chain, entrepreneurship and related fields.
- Three (3) years of experience in sales, marketing, and consulting with customers.
- Five (5) years of experience in business operations, supply chain, entrepreneurship and related fields.
- Five (5) years of experience in sales, marketing, consulting with customers
Equal Opportunity Statement: The San Jacinto College District is committed to equal opportunity for all students, employees, and applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, pregnancy, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, genetic information, marital status, or veteran status in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.