Senior Account Executive - Salary, High Commission, Auto/Phone/Expenses Reimbursed & Benefits!
Reports To: Head of Sales
As a Senior Account Executive, you are a strategic logistics problem solver. You see the customer's logistics pain points and understand how XPO Logistics provides solutions. You have established relationships in the global forwarding market, and a proven track record of successfully consultatively selling. You excel at strategically addressing both the customer's immediate needs and presenting solutions for their future needs.
We want the best, and we are willing to pay for it. We offer a competitive base salary and significantly higher than market commission plan, plus an auto allowance, cell phone allowance and monthly reimbursed expenses. And of course, we have a great vacation, sick, health insurance, life insurance and disability insurance package.
If you have a passion for results, an excellent work ethic, the drive to develop professionally, and enjoy the hunt that sales always includes, this will be the career for you.
- Hunt for and nurture qualified leads (cold calling), then convert them through the closing process into prospects and customers.
- Continuously keep your sales pipeline (book of business) full with deals at various stages, including fresh/new (qualified) leads/introductions, and mid and late stage sales lifecycle targets. The ideal sales pipeline will always include a wide variety of account types, company sizes, diversified industries, transactional vs. strategic business and services offered.
- Engage prospects and present the XPO value proposition, always furthering relationships. Strategically advocate for both the company and the customer, striving to find win-win solutions that expand and further client relationships.
- Profitably sell all modes of cargo transportation utilizing air, ocean and ground modes as well as additional products such as drayage, warehousing, brokerage and insurance.
- Stay informed regarding competitive pricing and services.
- Complete a minimum of 3 face-to-face meetings per day, and 50 cold calls (or drop-ins) per week, always representing XPO professionally and responding promptly to inquiries for pricing and services.
- Weekly onsite Admin day at Corporate Office in Portland to include (but not limited to) reviewing a call log with your manager, maintaining customer profiles and associated follow-up on leads.
- Establish SOP's (standard operation procedures) for top clients to ensure best in class service is provided.
- 2 year of proven success in selling all modes of cargo transportation, including air, ocean and ground.
- Exceptional professionalism, customer service and communication skills. Ability to affectively interact with stakeholders at an organization.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Clear understanding of net sales budgets as they pertain to domestic and International profitability including quoting, margin, market value, carrier costs, value add.
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple tasks.
- High energy and enthusiasm, with a relentless commitment to exceeding customer expectations
- Proficient in standard logistics software and Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook). CargoWise and Transoft experience preferred.
- BS in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, or Logistics (preferred)
Working for Alba Worldwide, dba XPO Logistics
XPO is a multi-billion-dollar company providing cutting edge supply chain solutions to the world's most successful companies. Alba Worldwide is an independent contractor for XPO Logistics, giving you the best of both worlds – access to the resources and expertise and pricing of a multi-billion-dollar logistics company with the agility and independence of a small organization.
Our fast paced, energetic sales model and our exceptional team propelled us to the 2018 XPO Terminal of the Year. As a member of our team, there's no cap on your opportunity for professional growth and advancement. Plus, you'll have great benefits and will be supported by a team of high energy, hardworking colleagues.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.