A profitable and stable International Textile company seeks experienced Shipping Manager for its Manhattan, NY location.
We offer Medical and Dental Insurance as well as Profit sharing.
- Prospective candidates should be very familiar with trade routes, steamship lines, airlines and forwarders as he/she will negotiate ocean and air freight rates and have containers/air shipments moved efficiently from suppliers' mills into the US or sometimes European ports.
- Good knowledge of ISF/AMS filing, HTS codes and customs procedures and entry of textile products (of yarns, garments and various types of fabrics) are required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamic NAV is a plus, but not required.
- Shipping/Finance Manager will be in charge of following up on POs, timely shipment of the goods from the mills, delivery of the goods to customers or warehouses upon arrival using domestic carriers and issuing sales invoices.
- Shipping/Finance Manager will also be responsible L/C Opening, document presentation to banks, securing credit from the factors, factor assignments and accounts receivable follow up.
- Knowledge and experience of L/C terms, documentation, negotiating with banks is an absolute must.
Please Apply Below if you meet the criteria above!