Logistics done differently.
Fortune named XPO Logistics among the most admired companies in the world, and Forbes listed us as one of America's best employers. At XPO, we're constantly looking for talented individuals at all levels who want to build a career in the transportation industry. As a member of the IT Graduate Program, you will gain valuable experience in all aspects of information technology within our Supply Chain division, while growing your technical, professional and leadership skills. You'll be working on real-life projects in emerging technologies that have been designed to support some of the world's leading companies, while helping create the next generation of supply chain/logistics solutions. You'll also get to work in the latest digital methodologies, including cloud, DevOps, AI, agile, robotics and more. Once you emerge from the program, our goal is to place you in a full-time role within the area of technology which speaks to your strengths, desires, background and our current business need. Become a part of our dynamic team and we'll help you develop your career to a level that will exceed your expectations.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Participate in a series of rotational assignments, lasting approximately 6 months each, within our core IT departments, including Client Support, Business Applications and Infrastructure
- Assist in the development and implementation of new robotics technologies
- Participate in a full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) utilizing agile techniques to deliver solutions
- Learn testing methodologies in support of manual and automated testing scenarios
- Develop a knowledge of the Release Management process
- Collaborate with business partners and technology teams to solve business problems and design solutions; provide business analysis support and quality assurance
- Support system implementations, upgrades and continued client services
- Assist the team with new application rollouts, design and development, data migration and database upgrades
- Provide assistance to our clients and employees in the IT Support Center
- Work on the administration and support of our Secure Private Cloud hosting environment; gain exposure to technologies such as VMware, Windows and Linux servers, Oracle and SQL server database platforms, flash storage arrays and virtualized networking technologies
- Travel to sites to assist in deployment or implementation as needed
- Meet weekly/monthly goals and objectives
- Take the initiative to learn from online resources and through observation while working alongside our talented team members
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree in IT or Supply Chain/Logistics
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Availability to work alternate hours as needed and to travel occasionally
It'd be great if you also have:
- College project or industry internship
- Confidence to take responsibility for your decisions and actions
- Strong time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to present clean, organized and thorough information and data appropriate for intended audience
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.