Discover the power of one — and all — at Core-Mark
Come join the team that has been empowering customers, investing in people and serving communities for 130 years. The Power of One. Strengthen By All.
Core-Mark (Nasdaq CORE) www.core-mark.com
Core-Mark is a Fortune 300 company that continues to grow as an industry leader in fresh and broad-line solutions to the convenience retail industry. Our reputation of empowering customers, employees, and communities has allowed us to build over $16 Billion in revenue. Through our 32 distribution centers, we offer a full range of products, programs, and solutions to customers across the U.S. and Canada.
At Core-Mark, you will discover a culture that enables you to grow, challenges you to achieve, and embraces you as family. Show us your power and come explore your opportunities with Core-Mark.
THE POWER OF ONE. STRENGTHENED BY ALL.
As the Human Resource Coordinator, you will be supporting all areas of the HR Department, ensuring accuracies in the payroll functions, and working directly with employee initiatives. You will be responsible for the timely completion of bi-weekly payroll, addressing employee requests, administrating benefits, and other HR functions. A successful candidate will be able to contribute to the employee experience, perform payroll processes seamlessly, and play a strategic role in ensuring an environment that enables all.
- Understanding and supporting the workforce with company policies and practices.
- Processing new hires and employment changes in the HRIS.
- Maintaining personnel records and filing documents pertaining to HR or payroll.
- Preforming routine processing of payroll by appropriate deadline.
- Calculating incentive pay as needed.
- Resolving employee payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Tracking of vacation, sick time, and holidays taken.
- Coordinating and administering benefits for employees.
- Collaborating with Finance Department during HR/Payroll audits.
- Maintaining reporting in regards to HR such as payroll reconciliation and OSHA hours.
- Assisting in necessary pre-employment screenings and complete employment verification requests.
- Gathering, calculating, and reporting earnings for workers compensation wage statements.
- Assist in the recruitment process, onboarding activities, and other employee/staffing reports.
- Coordinating employee events.
- Leave of absence administration.
- Special projects as assigned.
Skills & Experiences:
- Bachelor's degree in Business or a related field.
- Proficient communication skills (written/verbal) in English and Spanish.
- Certification: PHR/SPHR or SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP, strongly preferred.
- 2-3 years of relevant HR work experience or combination of education and experience.
- Prior payroll or relevant experience.
- General knowledge of state and federal employment laws and regulations.
- Proficiency with computers utilizing Microsoft products such as Excel.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft Office programs such as Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to perform general math calculations.
At Core-Mark, we know your power comes from your overall well-being and the well-being of your family. That's why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that supports the health of you and your family. As a part of our family, your benefit offerings include:
- Highly Competitive Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Health Savings & Flexible Spending Accounts
- Core-Benefits: Life, Disability, & Employee Assistance Program all paid for by Core-Mark
- Work/Life Balance: Sick Leave, Vacation Time, Holidays, & Tuition Reimbursement
- Financial Wellness: 401(k) Plan with a 50% match on the first 6% contributed, Group Voluntary Benefits, Pet Insurance, Commuter Benefit, Employee Discounts, & Scholarship Opportunities for children of employees
At Core-Mark we are a family. We are committed to creating an environment that embraces and enables all to reach their full potential. It is through empowering every employee to bring their full self and full power to work that makes Core-Mark collectively stronger.
THE POWER OF ONE. STRENGTHENED BY ALL.