Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose of Position
This position exists to ensure the company has financial statements, which are accurate and timely, and prepared in accordance with US GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles). This position is responsible for completion and analysis of financial statements (Profit & Loss and Balance Sheet) for the US Timken legal entities. This includes completion of accounting for assigned Timken subsidiaries and divisions (units); analysis of the assigned units monthly financial results as well as completion of the accounting work necessary to analyze reconcile account balances. These account balances are then incorporated in the financial statements that are the major component of the Timken Consolidated Financial Statements which are distributed to senior management, shareholders and governmental agencies. This position is responsible for many Sarbanes Oxley compliance issues, working with both internal and external auditors regarding these subjects. The senior accounting analyst may also assist the group lead and/or manager on special projects as they arise.
- Prepare and analyze monthly Financial Statements (Profit & Loss, Balance Sheet, and Statement of Cash Flows). These statements must be prepared in compliance with U.S. GAAP. Provide fluctuation analysis with detailed explanations for significant financial statement variances.
- Complete month-end, quarter-end, and year-end closing activities including journal entries and account reconciliations accurately, timely and in accordance with U.S. GAAP
- Assist in the preparation of footnotes and other information needed for quarterly and yearly SEC reporting.
- Assist in review and oversight of global lease accounting process.
- Assist in global consolidations review of foreign entities.
- Completion of General Ledger account reconciliations.
- Special projects and other duties as needed with a focus on continuous improvement and adherence to new accounting standards and practices
Technical/Functional Skills Required
- Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP and accounting concepts
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Detail orientation and solid analytical capability
- Capability to work independently and interact well with finance managers and other finance/accounting professionals at domestic and international subsidiaries
- Effective oral and written communication skills and strong organizational & time management skills
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics (or similar) and at least 2 years' relevant experience. Accounting experience with a global manufacturing company is preferred.
- CPA or CMA certification preferred
- Master's degree in Accounting/Finance preferred, but not required
- This position reports to the Manager of Accounting & Consolidation at our World Headquarters in North Canton, Ohio
- Relocation assistance is not provided for this position
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.