Discover the power of one — and all — at Core-Mark
Come join the team that has been empowering customers, investing in people and serving communities for 130 years. The Power of One. Strengthen By All.
As a Merchandiser, your responsibilities are widespread. You are a key part of our customer relationship and represent Core-Mark. Your professional manner and business execution are a critical part of helping the company meet and exceed the expectations of our customers and other vendor partners.
- A merchandising representative must manage his or her territory and act as a liaison on business activities
- Gather strategic information for divisions, key account teams, vendors and corporate category managers
- Communicating daily with Managers, and others on the Core-Mark team to quickly alert managers of critical customer issues
- Merchandising key marketing programs which could include Dairy, Bread and Fresh products
- Eliminating out-of-stocks and ensuring plan-o-gram compliance
- Capitalizing on secondary display opportunities
- Ensuring that products are properly faced, priced, and identified
- Ensuring promotional displays and POS has been utilized
- Completing appropriate administrative tasks
- Working safely, dressing professionally, and executing daily tasks in a responsible and efficient manner
- Submitting time sheets and mileage reports in a timely manner
- Setting stores with consumer goods using Core-Mark schematics
- Ensuring all products are displayed in the correct sales location according to store sets
- Following up with customer needs and concerns in a timely manner, ensuring great customer service
- Ensuring stock rotation (products are fresh and within date code parameters)
- Timely processing of returns using hand held inventory control devices
Efficiency of the sell-through
- Ensuring marketing best practices and compliance in store
- Ensuring promotions, displays, and cross-merchandising initiatives
- Identifying and reducing out-of-stocks on shelf
- Maximizing visibility and positioning of products in the store
- HS diploma, GED certificate or equivalent.
- Ability to drive to convenience stores using personal transportation.
- Active valid driver's license, reliable automobile with active valid insurance. (You will receive mileage and gasoline reimbursement.)
- Ability to read, understand, and follow store plan-o-gram and set instructions.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds, packing and unpacking consumer goods, able to kneel to stock shelves, able to reach and lift to stock shelves.
- Ability to work in customer storage areas which may not be air conditioned.
- Ability to operate a computer a hand held inventory control device, and calculators.
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to perform math calculations.
- Ability to communicate well, both verbally and in writing.
- High energy, motivated persons with excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to problem solve and keep calm in dealing with customer service issues.