Transportation Claims Specialist
Transportation Claims Specialist
Cargo Claims Specialist supports first party cargo claims investigation processes. He/She provides Transportation guidance and expertise in complex cargo claim cases, provides cargo claim resolutions and responds timely to cargo claim resolution disputes to internal customers, including Finance-Claims and Tech Data Customer Care (TDCC). The Cargo Claims Specialist shall create and follow the Tech Data cargo claim adjudication process, and ensure said processes are conducted effectively while protecting Tech Data assets.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities Required:
- Respond to claims escalations, perform research and provides advice and resolutions to Claims Supervisor. Investigate, negotiate, and propose cargo claims settlement in accordance with Tech Data Transportation policy, Conditions of Contract, Warsaw Convention, Montreal Protocol, and U.S. and International law, 49 CFR, 49 USC (75%)
- Advise Transportation Management, Risk Management and Legal on specific cargo and liability language and minimum requirements commensurate with industry expectations, knowledge of carrier claims practices, Freight Loss/Damage budget and Transportation Expense budget (10%)
- Plan and conduct loss and damage prevention seminars for Logistics Centers (LC), Sales, Risk Management, Loss Prevention, and Finance Claims teams. Schedule and conduct visits at LC's to discuss Loss and Damage prevention, claims issues, LC performance, and provides suggestions/help regarding prevention (9%)
- Develop and manage reports from claims database to support investigations (2%)
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
- Additional duties as assigned
- Meets attendance and punctuality standards
- 5 to 8 Years of relevant work experience.
Education & Certifications:
- Bachelor's Degree with Supply Chain/Logistics/Economics Field of Study preferred.
- Associate Degree with Supply Chain/Logistics/Economics field of study required.
- Other Education / Certifications: Certified Claims Professional (CCP) via CCPAC or similar; Six Sigma/Lean Sigma; TPCB; CLTD
- Distribution center environment may include: exposure to extreme temperatures; high noise levels; high places; wet and/or humid conditions; and outside weather conditions
- Occasional non-standard work hours or overtime as business requires.
- May be located at the Clearwater corporate office or at the reseller location.
- On-call availability required as necessary.
- Professional, office environment.
- Some travel required.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Able to execute instructions and to request clarification when needed.
- Possesses basic clerical and data entry skills.
- Able to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Able to recognize and attend to important details with accuracy and efficiency.
- Able to communicate clearly and convey necessary information.
- Able to create and conduct formal presentations.
- Able to interact effectively with all levels of management.
- Able to negotiate skillfully, promote/sell ideas persuasively, and close transactions with mutually beneficial results.
- Possesses strong multi-cultural interpersonal skills.
- Possesses strong leadership skills with a willingness to lead, create new ideas, and be assertive.
- Possesses strong organizational and time management skills, driving tasks to completion.
- Able to constructively work under stress and pressure when faced with high workloads and deadlines.
- Able to maintain and promote social, ethical, and organizational standards in conducting internal and external business activities.
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Able to build solid, effective working relationships with others.
- Able to exhibit ability to be sensitive to the needs, concerns, and feelings of others.
- Able to quickly learn new systems and technology.
- Able to use relevant computer system applications at an intermediate level.
Join our team to connect the world with the power of technology!
Tech Data is an equal opportunity organization. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law. PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION: The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)