Discover the power of one — and all — at Core-Mark
Come join the team that has been empowering customers, investing in people and serving communities for 130 years. The Power of One. Strengthen By All.
Under the supervision of the Territory Manager, promotes and sells c-store products to new and existing accounts that align with established growth goals.Provides timely and effective customer service, recommends methods to increase product sales and effectively merchandises products.
Position Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Conducts pre-call planning activities prior to making sales calls; reviews prior location sales activities, gather necessary material for presentations and develop new sales opportunities while maintaining knowledge of competitive product prices
- Responds to a variety of customer inquiries, requests and complaints related to sales activities. Resolves within authority and a timely and efficient manner to effectively maintain customer relations
- Organizes product and coolers and recommends effective placement to increase sales
- Sells point of sale displays to customers and erects displays
- Responsible for/works with the customer to ensure adequate inventory is maintained.
- Resets coolers to increase facings and cooler positions
- Runs promotions for special events such as holidays
- Writes orders at store locations, scans and sends orders and maintains up-to-date information related to price changes
- Works with Accounts Receivable with regards to customer payments, makes necessary collections or payment options as negotiated.
- Write up credits for damages, overstocks, etc.
- Educates other sales representatives in the cleaning and repair of any related equipment
- Performs other related duties to increase sales and promote effective customer relations
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Duties require knowledge equivalent to completion of four years of high school and one to three years of related sales experience
- A strong focus and background in customer service is required
- Must have intermediate skills utilizing a computer with high speed internet with understanding of how to communicate via the computer, knowledge of utilizing spreadsheets, databases and other application knowledge to accomplish sales goals.
- Experience in managing a wholesale sales territory is required
- Thorough knowledge of sales and merchandising techniques and methods is needed to effectively sell products and maintain accounts
- Considerable product knowledge is required to respond to related inquiries and requests in a timely and efficient manner
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with existing and potential accounts
- Ability to efficiently cover assigned sales territory and to work independently yet achieve desired sales targets
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Frequent and significant periods spent driving to accounts in assigned territories
- Occasional lifting of product is required
- Exposed to a variety of weather conditions and temperature extremes in various store environments (walk-in coolers, etc)
- Bending and stooping is required to scan shelf tags and conduct inventories
- May operate office equipment including a telxon, Pow Unit, calculator, iPad/computer/printer/copier and other equipment
- Physical activity is required to erect displays, rotate product, merchandise, organize and stock product. Standing, walking is required as is the ability to lift heavy objects up to 50 pounds occasionally and 15 pounds consistently.
- Work can be performed near or around industrial equipment such as forklifts or occasionally in dark dim lit storage areas