Provides general support to the distribution center and Human Resources Business Partner in all aspects of the HR function. This includes recruiting, payroll administration, employee relations and compliance.
- Works with HR Business Partner to facilitate recruiting functions including coordinating internal and external job postings, advertising placement, recruiting strategies, recruiting presentations and job fairs; screens applications, contacts leads, conducts phone and in-person interviews and forwards qualified candidates for departmental interviews; ensures candidates in applicant tracking system are dispositioned in a timely manner.
- Coordinates job offers, creates offer letters, schedules pre-employment checks (e.g. drug and physical testing, background checks, MVRs); ensures associate's new hire paperwork is completed and accurate according to established company standards; contacts new hires to confirm start date.
- Performs payroll processing including miscellaneous payroll files, paid time off buyouts; provides assistance with data entry when needed and sorts and distributes paystubs and communication documents.
- Conducts new hire orientation; completes I-9 forms, reviews general HR policies, procedures and benefits with all new hires; follows-up with all new hires and gathers feedback on the recruiting and onboarding process and on training, identifies trends and works with HRBP to put plans in place to continuously improve the new hire experience.
- Organizes new hire paperwork, creates and maintains associate personnel files according to established company standards.
- Works with HRBP to respond to and resolve associate relations issues; conducts investigations and works with management team on appropriate resolution to associate relations issues (e.g. coaching, corrective action).
- Maintains positive associate relations through attendance at department or pre-shift meetings; keeps open communication channels with associates by having daily dialogs, answering questions and explaining policies and procedures; monitors associate morale and submits and respond to ideas to improve associate engagement and enablement.
- Maintains absenteeism records and coordinates appropriate employee absenteeism corrective action with department managers
- Assists HR Manager with event planning, employee recognition programs and project work.
- Administers and evaluates New Hire and Exit surveys.
- Ensures compliance with all Federal, State and local laws, as well as SYSCO/SYGMA policies according to established standards.
- Works with management team to aid in training and conducting associate observations and associate pulsing; makes recommendations for disciplinary action and/or behavior modification where required.
- Works assigned schedule, exhibits regular and predictable attendance and works outside of the normal schedule as required to meet workload demands. Performs other related duties as needed.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma, general education degree (GED), or equivalent degree; and two to four years of previous Human Resources experience required.
- Two or Four year college degree in Human Resources, Business Management, or similar major strongly preferred.
CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- PHR or SHRM-CP certification preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of: federal and state laws (e.g. EEO, FMLA, ADAAA, Wage and Hour); employee relations practices and principles.
- Skill in: making independent decisions in support of company policies and procedures in a timely manner.
- Ability to: successfully engage with associates and lead individual and team discussions and meetings; solve practical problems and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form; apply all relevant policies in a consistent, timely and objective manner; work in a disciplined manner and capable of following established procedures, practices and comply with local, state and federal regulations; manage the pressures and stress associated with a deadline-oriented atmosphere and customer service issues; to learn SYGMA technology software and programs; read, comprehend, write and speak English: add, subtract, multiply, and divides in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals: read, analyze and interpret technical procedures, or governmental regulations; write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals; effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to sit, talk and hear. The associate is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and climb or balance. The associate is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb, balance and lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of the job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly working in a controlled atmosphere office environment and may occasionally be required to interact with associates in a Warehouse environment (e.g. non-temperature controlled environment). The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the associate in this job. The associate will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop, the job description will be reviewed and is subject to changes of business necessity.