This position is for local residents only.
Sorry, Visa / sponsorship not available.
Import Compliance Specialist
Import Compliance Specialist
Badcock Home Furniture is one of the largest privately-owned home furniture retailers in the country. We're proud to say that we've been serving the community and providing employment opportunities for more than a century. There are currently more than 315 Badcock stores in eight states, and our headquarters in Mulberry, Florida, employs more than 1,200 people.
We are always looking for smart and talented people to join our team. Whether you are a seasoned professional or you're just embarking on a new career path, our job opportunities offer growth, advancement and competitive pay and benefits. If you've got the drive, we'd love for you to be part of our family.
Employee Benefits Include:
- COMPETITIVE PAY
- 401K PLAN WITH COMPANY MATCH
- COMPANY PAID LIFE INSURANCE
- EMPLOYEE MERCHANDISE DISCOUNT
- MEDICAL, DENTAL, AND VISION
- ON-SITE FITNESS CENTER
- PERSONAL AND VACATION PAID TIME OFF
- DAYCARE REIMBURSEMENT PLAN
- PERFORMANCE INCENTIVES
Responsible to coordinate activities associated with the movement of internationally sourced product. Responsible for auditing and verifying all international shipments; and for the efficient flow of our international purchases by coordinating daily with our suppliers, overseas consolidators, ocean carriers, drayage companies, Customs House Brokers, WSB distribution centers, category managers and replenishment buyers.
- Administer US Customs compliance audit & recordkeeping for each entry. Ensure accuracy of each entry.
- Payments: validate and authorize payment for all broker and consolidator invoices; validate and rectify billing, request credits and track savings due to improper billings and tariff classifications
- Monitor and resolve paperwork & container flow delays (track & expedite) with all U.S. Ports and U.S. Customs.
- Work with DC Managers clients and to manage container movement to/from each DC to reduce/eliminate detention fees, using port, rail and trucker storage when necessary
- Respond to brokers Request for Information (RFIs.)
- Create and maintain the HTS and duty rates both in the System and spreadsheets.
- Coordinate with Compliance Manager the Consumer Product Safety and Lacey Act compliance.
- Coordinate QA efforts: first piece inspection for inbound flow, parts classifications and tracking, etc.
- Prepare the Supply Chain Red Flag Report for month end container volume totals.
- Follow-up with other companies and departments regarding late information or scheduling.
- Expedite shipments with minimal delay or cost increases.
- Prepare and distribute Monthly Supplier Performance Report.
- Manager shipments with carriers. Create and distribute reports and documentation.
- Prepare miscellaneous reports requested by management and team members.
- Other duties as assigned, including but not limited to assisting other departments as needed.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS and other REQUIREMENTS:
- Customs Broker License or progress toward achieving certification preferred
- Ability to lift up to 10 lbs., sit, stand, walk, bend, twist and reach with arms and hands.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Good computer skills to include Excel, Word Docs, Access databases, online systems. Internal operating system knowledge a plus.)
- Ability to communicate effectively with management and personnel by telephone, or through written communication; assimilate information and make decisions; work under pressure in a detailed organized manner. Comfortable working with individuals at all organizational levels.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume and apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to create and document procedures.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Workplace