Business Development Manager
Salary plus Generous Commission!
John S. Connor, Inc. was founded in 1917 and remains a privately-held company, headquartered in Glen Burnie, MD and in its third generation of family management. The firm has seven (6) locations in the USA and currently employs about 100 well trained professional staff members. We offer a full menu of logistics services including customs brokerage, freight forwarding, transportation services (ocean, air, ground) bulk/vessel agency services, ship/plane charter services, project cargo logistics, insurance and information management. Our mission is to be high quality, state of the art provider of logistics services to assist shippers in their supply chain management and improve their profitability. We do this while maintaining compliance with the myriad of regulations governing international trade.
JSC is a medium sized Logistics Services Provider that prides itself on being able to deliver a high-quality service that combines the best attributes of a high degree of personal service found in small firms with a sophisticated IT capability that is often associated only with larger companies. We strive to provide custom solutions suitable to the needs of our clients and work with you to provide the exact transportation need for your organization. We seek to learn what our customer's business is about and design a plan unique to their business.
We are looking for an Account Manager for the Norfolk Virginia area.
- Identify, qualify and generate new business by adding and retaining clients to achieve set revenue and gross profit goals
- Identify services and pricing that meet customer's need in order to obtain business objectives
- Manage current account base and Upsell services to existing accounts
- Maintain and expand relationships with customers
- Collaborate with other team members and manager
- At least 1 -2 years of sales experience
- Track record of generating new business
- Able to manage and build relationships both externally and internally
- Strong customer service skills
- Comfortable with MS Office, computer proficient, CRM experience
- Must be a self-starter and highly motivated
- Able to prioritize, meet deadlines and excel handling multiple tasks simultaneously
- Able to work independently and within the team setting
- Strong communications skills
Pay / Benefits:
- Base pay negotiable based on experience
- Generous Commission
- Benefits covering medical/dental/Vision
- Cell phone & Laptop provided
- Car Allowance