Ocean Freight Manager LCL USA
Join the excitement of a dynamic company that leads the logistics industry with a worldwide range of logistics services. For over 88 years, DACHSER USA has provided intelligent logistics services and now employs over 29,000 people worldwide in 396 locations globally.
DACHSER USA is currently seeking a knowledgeable Ocean Freight Manager LCL USA to join its Regional Office located in the Vinings area of Atlanta, GA.
This role is responsible for the efficient planning, direction and coordination of all LCL activities within the Dachser USA organization at a strategic level. This role is also responsible for managing ocean procurement, as well as promoting sales growth for LCL USA.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Responsible for LCL volume development.
- Responsible for LCL Pricing and Tenders in the USA.
- Coordinates with US Sales to visit customers and make sales presentations to prospective and existing customers.
- Works closely with US Sales to increase LCL volume and meet customer pricing expectations.
- Collaborates with operations to retain existing customers and deliver excellent service to all customers.
- Identifies new LCL customers within the USA through market research and analysis.
- Attends industry specific events and exhibitions.
- Works with product management and sales to develop new consolidation container services.
- Coordinates with and acts as liaison between all sales and operational staff.
- Provides LCL training sessions in order to strengthen knowledge about LCL.
- Introduces and develops LCL product within Dachser's Key Accounts.
- Works closely with product management & pricing to ensure nationwide consistency with market and vendor management.
- Cooperates closely with local product management and regional LCL management.
- Provides market updates to all management personnel.
Requirements of the position include:
- A minimum of 5 years in the ocean freight industry is required.
- Experience in ocean pricing and ocean procurement is preferred.
- 3-5 years of freight forwarding sales experience.
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent related work experience.
- Excellent relationships with steamship lines is a required.
- Working knowledge of related operations programs.
- Ability to build rapport, establish trust and credibility through a consultative approach.
- Professional demeanor, including excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Windows programs, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
DACHSER USA offers a generous compensation package which includes a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits.
To apply, please click on the link below.
To learn more about us, please visit us online at www.dachser.us. DACHSER USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug-free workplace.