Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
The role of Regional Sales Manager is to assist the TPS US National Sales Manager in managing a portion of the Timken Motor and Crane regional sales team. Main objectives are to achieve sales budgets, guide and direct sales people to prioritize time and activities, ensure technical competency, settle inter-region/territory disputes, manage administrative duties and optimize available resources
Essential responsibilities include:
- Directs the efforts of sales team to assure territory sales objectives are met and customer relationships are maintained and inquiries are handled in a professional, efficient and timely manner.
- Be responsible for meeting annual company objectives for sales and profitability within the region.
- Maintain existing sales and services, while implementing strategy and tactics to assure market growth.
- Display entrepreneurial spirit and ability to quickly adjust to changing market conditions and handle a multitude of tasks that need to be accomplished. Possess high energy level and ability to deal with high stress situations.
- Support National Sales Manager in rendering and documenting disciplinary action as needed.
- Ability to manage time and priorities for maximum efficiency with available resources.
- General knowledge of power transmission electrical products and services
- Ability to coordinate efforts across multiple sites/regions.
- Demonstrated ability to perform as part of a team, while at the same time have the ability to take charge and work independently when required.
- Monitor and be held accountable for sales performance of the Region. Takes corrective action as needed or directed.
Looking for a self-starting, highly motivated individual who is results-oriented with the drive to succeed both personally and as part of a team. Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as strong computer skills are required. This opportunity is home based when not on the road, with expected travel to be 40-50% of the time on average. This position reports to the TPS US National Sales Manager. Applicant must be a high school graduate and have a minimum of 20+ years of combined electrical and sales experience.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.