Import Customer Service Specialist
Import Customer Service Specialist
The Import Customer Service Personnel will report to the Branch Manager - Operations.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Manage all customer service functions for imports – both modes of transportation i.e. Air and Sea Freight.
- Coordinate and lead the daily and weekly activities that occur within air and ocean import and domestic operations.
- Execute the day- to- day import shipment activities, quotations, booking and provide end-to-end customer service.
- Manage the individual products such as trucking, airfreight, ocean freight for all international and domestic trade lanes.
- Manage all relevant freight charges as it relates to account(s) and vendor(s) rates with the responsibility to achieve a profitable bottom line based on the GAC leadership expectations.
- Take ownership of all documentation requirements for import shipments in a cost-efficient manner within company standards.
- Track and trace shipments from departure to arrival, alerting clients accordingly.
- Oversee and assist to resolve OS&D's, ensure full adherence to Import Compliance, Regulations and CBP guidelines.
- Provide timely and accurate responses to all internal and external customer queries related to shipping.
- Cross training with Export department will be mandatory.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage all freight forwarding functions as it relates to trucking, airfreight, ocean freight from point of collection until final delivery based on the terms of sale. Build positive relationships with customers and vendors and help resolve all shipping concerns.
- Manage the proper handling and preparation of the shipping documentation for ocean and air import shipments (master, house, direct – AWB/ocean) by engaging with the overseas offices.
- Confirm all documentation is correctly consigned and is in line with the customer's shipping instructions and import compliance guidelines. Be compliant with CBP and all PGA.
- Manage the problem-solving aspect of all related customer service issues in a timely manner as it relates to orders, PO's, bookings, ISF, AMS, FMC, coordination of clearance, delivery, invoicing and general transportation and logistics functions.
- Finalize all back up and billing instructions necessary for timely and accurate customer invoicing and ensure all KPI's are always adhered to. Speed of invoicing is a time critical KPI.
- Report customer complaints, determine problem, select and explain solutions, expedite corrections or adjustment, following up to ensure resolution.
- Manage and oversee that all OS&D (overages, shortages & discrepancies) are resolved with each vendor/supplier to meet customer expectations
- Maintain shipment system data and document integrity for client web tracking purposes. Manage emergency orders, shipments as required during afterhours, weekends, holidays based on business needs.
- Manage the compliance aspect as it relates to U.S. Imports/ CBP regulations and internal GAC compliance procedures including PO mgmt. Ensure end to end shipping needs are always provided to all customers in a proficient and professional manner.
- Manage on hand reports and Inventory for the assigned lane/customer and ensure freight is shipped out as per the customer KPI and keep SOP current and updated
- Responsible for the relevant profitability of every job handled and processed for all accounts.
- Additional duties may be assigned by your manager depending upon client expectations
JOB SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Quality focus
- Problem Solving capabilities
- Freight Forwarding knowledge
- Minimum 3 years on hand Import – Breakbulk and Logistics experience
- Organizational and Time Management Skills
- Computer knowledge- Proficient in Microsoft suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be proficient in the English language
- No license required