Export Customer Service Specialist
Export Customer Service Specialist
The Export Customer Service Personnel will report to the Branch Manager - Operations.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Manage all customer service functions for exports – both modes of transportation i.e. Air and Sea Freight.
- Coordinate and lead the daily and weekly activities that occur within air and ocean export operations.
- Execute the day- to- day export shipment activities, quotations, booking and provide end-to-end customer service.
- Manage the individual products such as trucking, airfreight, ocean freight for all international trade lanes.
- Manage all relevant freight charges as it relates to account(s) and vendor(s) rates with the responsibility to achieve a profitable bottom line based on the GAC leadership expectations.
- Take ownership of all documentation requirements for export shipments in a cost-efficient manner within company standards.
- Track and trace shipments from departure to arrival, alerting clients accordingly.
- Oversee and assist to resolve OS&D's, ensure full adherence to Export Compliance and provide timely and accurate responses to all internal and external customer queries related to shipping.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage all freight forwarding functions as it relates to trucking, airfreight, ocean freight from point of collection until final delivery based on the terms of sale.
- Manage the proper handling and preparation of the shipping documentation for ocean and air export shipments (master, house, direct – AWB/ocean).
- Confirm that all documentation is correctly consigned and in line with customer shipping instructions and the export compliance guidelines.
- Manage the problem-solving aspect of all related customer service issues in a timely manner as it relates to bookings, customer orders, invoicing and general transportation and logistics functions
- Finalize all back up and billing instructions necessary for timely and accurate customer invoicing.
- Report customer complaints, determine problem, select and explain solutions, expedite corrections or adjustment, following up to ensure resolution.
- Manage and oversee that all OS&D (overages, shortages & discrepancies) are resolved with each vendor/supplier to meet customer expectations
- Maintain shipment system data and document integrity for client web tracking purposes.
- Manage the compliance aspect as it relates to U.S. Export compliance and internal GAC compliance procedures including purchase orders and schedule B numbers (as received from shippers, suppliers and vendors)
- Manage on hand reports and Inventory for the assigned lane/customer and ensure freight is shipped out as per the customer KPI
- Manage the export packing process in coordination with Warehouse personnel according to customer SOP
- Responsible for the relevant profitability of every job handled and processed for the account assigned or multiple accounts assigned.
- Manage emergency orders/shipments as required during after hours, weekends and holidays
- Additional duties may be assigned by your manager depending upon client expectations.
JOB SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Quality focus
- Problem Solving capabilities
- Freight Forwarding knowledge
- Minimum 3 years On Hand Export Freight Forwarding experience in the local LA area
- Organizational and Time Management Skills
- Computer knowledge- Proficient in Microsoft suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be proficient in the English language
- No license required