Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, we're constantly looking for ways to improve, enhance and adapt in an ever-changing marketplace. As the District Network Manager, you will be responsible for leading multiple groups and initiatives to drive productivity improvement and deliver on company goals. You'll work closely with Linehaul and operational leadership to drive strategic initiatives, while identifying and finding solutions for operational and network deficiencies across different sites within the district. The focus of this role will require balancing your work schedule between the Outbound (OTB) and Freight Assembly Center (FAC) shifts throughout the week by supporting the feeder operations of the linehaul network, which operate during the evening and overnight hours. We will equip you with the best tools in the industry to grow and develop to a level that will exceed your expectations and help you reach your career goals.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Execute operational and network initiatives that deliver on EBITDA goals within the district
- Train district management teams on network execution initiatives, ensuring successful rollouts and sustainment of programs
- Aggressively search for opportunities to improve network execution and profitability
- Partner with local management teams to develop and implement solutions to deliver cost savings during outbound sort/freight assembly center sort operations
- Validate and communicate network savings to the Linehaul team and your District General Manager (DGM)
- Work at the direction of the DGM and leadership team to improve the execution of key quantifiable objectives, such as EBITDA improvement, network window compliance, cost target achievement, damage improvement and accident/injury performance
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related field (Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Manufacturing, Finance, etc.), or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of supply chain management techniques and processes
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to perform and direct moderately complex analyses in spreadsheet and database programs, e.g., Excel and Access
It'd be great if you also have:
- Availability to travel up to 75% of the time
- 5 years of experience in a supply chain, procurement, maintenance or transportation service company with some Less-than-Truckload (LTL) experience
- Profit and loss (P&L) experience
- Previous supervisory experience in a team-focused environment
- Proven ability to maintain confidential and sensitive materials and information
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; strong leadership skills
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.