We're seeking a Distribution Center Operations Manager to oversee the outbound operations of one of our largest facilities. Our facilty in Northlake, IL is over 600K SF. Reporting to the building leader, you will directly coach and lead a team of 3-5 assistant managers, and a total team of approximately 70 associates. You will provide strategic and innovative leadership regarding employee engagement, process improvement and KPI tracking. As a key member of the leadership team, you will help us to provide Gold Standard performance to our customers, shareholders and associate family. Your day will start at 10:00 am and you will lead the 11 am, 12 and 2 pm Outbound teams.
- Bachelor's degree is plus but not required.
- 6+ years experience in high volume, 300K Sq. Ft.+ distribution environment.
- 2+ years direct management experience of 2-5 direct reports and 50+ indirect.
- Strong analytical and process improvement experience.
- Inbound, inventory, stocking experience is required.
- Effective organization and prioritization skills.
- Proven ability to collaborate and build key relationships with key stakeholders.
- SAP or similar warehouse management software experience.
- MS Office proficiency, strong MS Excel.
Perks of working for HD Supply includes:
- We're growing!
- Comprehensive benefits plan on first day (Medical, Dental, Vision).
- Generous Paid Time Off benefits.
- Advancement Opportunity with Fortune 500 company.
- Annual Bonus Eligibility
HD Supply (NASDAQ:HDS) ( www.hdsupply.com ) is one of the largest industrial distributors in North America. The company provides a broad range of products and value-add services to approximately 500,000 customers with leadership positions in maintenance, repair and operations and specialty construction sectors. Through approximately 260 locations across 36 states and six Canadian provinces, the company's approximately 11,000 associates provide localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success. With an active commitment to the communities in which we operate, HD Supply associates are part of a thriving organization that supports the virtues of wellness, diversity and inclusion - all of which are top priorities for the company. Equally as important is empowering our associates to grow professionally while providing competitive benefits and compensation. If you're ready to find a rewarding career and achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD Supply is ready for you
Job Description & Qualifications
Lead the operation of a Distribution Center in support of company goals. Provide input and feedback on all operations processes and results to DC Manager. Responsible for providing input to DC Manager for departmental strategic and operations planning, financial management, operational reporting and communication, fleet management, departmental process improvement, compliance, and inventory management.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Provides departmental input to DC Manager for development of operating plans for warehouse and transportation operations in support of organizational goals including facility, equipment and staff.
- Identifies departmental financial resources necessary to support operating plan and provide cost justification for departmental spending; participates with DC Manager in the development of department operating budgets.
- Provides process improvement recommendations to DC Manager and implements process improvement action plans within the department. Conducts routine departmental analysis on functions, processes, asset utilization (equipment, resources, and labor) and communicates results of departmental analysis to DC Manager.
- Leads associates to be fully compliant with all safety and Hazmat rules and regulations, legal regulations, and human resource policies; ensures safety and security of associates, facility, equipment, and inventory relevant to department. Reports safety and security discrepancies to DC Manager.
- Manages performance of Assistant Manager and/or hourly associates and recognize, train, coach, counsel, and take corrective action when warranted.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Nature and Scope
- Solutions require analysis and investigation.
- Achieves planned results by decisions and actions based on professional methods, business principles, and practical experience.
- Manages a group or team of professional individual contributors and/or indirectly supervises support staff.
- Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting, and maneuvering material or equipment that may be heavy (50+ pounds) or awkward.
- Typically requires overnight travel 5% to 20% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 7+ years of experience in a related field. May require certification. Advanced degree may offset less experience in some disciplines.
Job ID 2019-34634
Business Unit Facilities Maintenance
Functional Area Operations
Remote Position? No
Position Type Full-Time
Posting Location : Postal Code 60164
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.