Overview Traffic Clerks are responsible for ensuring the integrity of shipped and received goods by verifying and maintaining records of all incoming and outgoing shipments to and from the warehouse.
- Examine contents and compares with records, such as manifests, invoices, bills of lading and other records to verify accuracy of incoming or outgoing shipment.
- Prepare material for shipping ensuring freight is properly packed, labeled and staged in designated areas with relevant documentation. Record shipment data, such as weight, space availability, damages, or discrepancies.
- Reports damages, shortages, or nonconformance of material and/or documents to specifications.
- Route material to designated areas in the warehouse using work devices, such as hand jack, hi-lo, packaging equipment. Maintain cleanliness and orderliness of warehouse and cargo.
- Operate forklifts in loading and offloading trucks.
- Complete on-hand process in accordance with company regulations, including use of a computer, use scanning devices and produce inventory and shipping reports.
Qualifications Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED plus up to 1 year of warehouse experience is required; an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Prior experience in a warehouse environment and driving a forklift is preferred.
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1 st of the month following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation , and much more.
Any and all benefits offered are subject to the eligibility requirements, terms, and provisions set forth in the respective policies and plan documents, which you may request from Human Resources.
About Yusen Logistics (Americas )
As a part of the NYK Group, Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. operates a network that provides specialization in key logistics products to include International Freight Forwarding, Integrated Solutions (Customized Logistics) and Contract Logistics services, along with transportation solutions all while providing complete and seamless US wide coverage.
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment extends to all aspects of the company's employment practices including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, promoting, transferring, compensation, benefits, training, leaves of absence, termination, and other terms and conditions of employment.