The Network Operations Center (NOC) Supervisor is a leadership position overseeing all duties and responsibilities of the NOC Analysts. As a leader, this candidate will directly assist in developing a high-performing team to ensure the company's effectiveness in identifying and responding to real-time escalation issues. This position also works closely with other teams in Information Technology (IT) Security Operations, Infrastructure, IT Support, and IT Operations to provide superior reporting, monitoring, triage, communication, and escalation for IT business systems/services.
Essential Job Functions
- Supervise and direct the NOC staff on the day-to-day operations of prioritization, triage, communication, and escalation of business critical systems/services.
- Directly assist in assessing, developing, and maturing the capabilities of the NOC staff, which includes the maturation of people, processes, and technology.
- Lead role in developing and creating processes with other IT Operations process owners to enhance visibility and cross-communication, and establish escalation/notification standards. for critical business system/service incidents to ensure operational stability and adherence to IT cross-functional lines of effort and Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Provide guidance and leadership on the strategies, processes and technologies of current NOC resources while also assisting in forecasting the current and future budgetary needs.
- Supervise and execute root cause and problem analysis with NOC staff and IT teams across all business critical systems/services.
- Lead the NOC staff in timely and accurate reporting, and delivering metrics on performance, output, outcomes, and impact.
- Assist in the development and execution of training programs for new and existing NOC Analysts, as well as contributing to the hiring of new staff.
- Assist Management and Engineering efforts with the development and/or revision of NOC processes, protocols, and systems.
- Support multiple technical teams in a 24 x 7 operational environment with high uptime requirements.
- Varied shift schedules will include day, evening and weekend hours.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Other Job Functions
- Conducts performance reviews and provides leadership and coaching.
- Foster a cooperative and engaging work environment, focusing on teamwork and collaboration.
- Conflict resolution and/or mediation skills.
- Ability to assess and maintain quality of systems functionality, maintenance, and recovery.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Computer Information Systems or equivalent work experience.
- 8-10 years' of experience in systems administration and/or information technology administration, with previous supervisory/management experience.
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Foundation certification with a firm understanding of IT Service Management (ITSM) frameworks.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Leadership experience managing cross-functional teams and influencing senior level management and key stakeholders.
- Excellent performance leadership experience, mentorship, and the ability to provide growth opportunities for staff members.
- Expert knowledge of established systems infrastructure and system/application logging related to their position and technology base.
- Ability to implement and troubleshoot systems changes and modifications on diverse platforms.
- Ability to write technical instructions in the administration of systems and/or systems modifications.
- Master's degree in an information systems or computer science related field.
- ITIL Intermediate or Expert certification.
- Education in Project Management and Leadership.
- Previous system administration, service desk or NOC leadership experience in retail industry strongly preferred.
- Experience leading, supporting, and monitoring network systems, servers or storage in an enterprise environment.