Mondelēz International, Inc. empowers people to snack right in over 160 countries around the world. We're leading the future of snacking with iconic brands such as Oreo, belVita and LU biscuits; Cadbury Dairy Milk, Milka and Toblerone chocolate; Sour Patch Kids candy and Trident gum. Our 90,000 colleagues around the world are key to the success of our business. Great people and great brands. That's who we are.
Join us on our mission to continue leading the future of snacking around the world by offering the right snack, for the right moment, made the right way.
For more information, please visit: http://www.mondelēzinternational.com/ and www.facebook.com/mondelēzinternational .
The Senior Analyst Tax Compliance - U.S. International supports global tax compliance and planning initiatives. This person will perform and support tax activities through analysis and preparation of working papers, information returns, and research studies.
- Participate in the accurate preparation and review of forms 5471, 8858, and 8865 in Corptax software, as well as forms 1042. Individual will have a base understanding of U.S. international tax implications of Subpart F income, Global Intangible Low-Taxed Income ("GILTI"), Foreign-Derived Intangible Income ("FDII"), foreign tax credit calculation and limitation, repatriation and earnings and profits calculations.
- Assist in performing calculations necessary to complete the U.S. federal tax returns and quarterly tax provisions; Prepare supporting data and work papers as documentation of filing positions and assist in responding to queries from auditors or other external parties.
- Identify and manage the implementation of process improvement opportunities to increase efficiency in the tax compliance process. This may include streamlining processes, automation of manual efforts and prioritizing activities.
- Perform tax research to support positions taken on various U.S. tax return issues including identifying corporate tax characterization, foreign source income consequences, withholding tax/treaty issues and repatriation planning to ensure Mondelēz properly complies with U.S. reporting requirements.
- Assist in project planning, including calculating the impact of proposed legislation to Mondelēz.
- Collaborate with the Federal, State, Transfer Pricing, and Tax Accounting Functions.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting required
- Advanced degree in Accounting or Taxation preferred
- 3 or more years of international tax experience including compliance prep aration
- Experience in U.S. international tax, including Subpart F income, GILTI, FDII, foreign tax credits, repatriation, section 959, and section 163(j) rules
- Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA) experience would be ideal
- Experience working in a large public accounting firm or publicly-traded multinational corporation str ongly preferred
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and online tax research tools (CCH, BNA, and/or RIA)
- Experience using Corptax is strongly preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet project deadlines
- Desire to grow and take on a leadership role
- This position will be located at the Company's global headquarters in Deerfield, IL until April of 2020. Beginning in April of 2020, the position will move to Chicago, IL (Fulton Market area).
Mondelēz Global LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to be considered for this position.