John S. Connor, founded in 1917, is celebrating over 100 years as a Customs Broker, Freight Forwarder and Logistics service provider at the port of Baltimore and across the U.S. Our company has grown to be the largest of its kind in the port of Baltimore along with branches in several areas in the Mid-Atlantic region.
We are looking for a Licensed Customs Broker to join our Baltimore Import Department.
We offer competitive pay and benefits.
- Health & Life Insurance
- Education Reimbursement Assistance
- Paid time off
Education and Experience:
- Customs Brokers License
- 1-5 years of experience in the Customs Brokerage industry doing import Customs entries.
- College degree (in International Business or Supply Chain Logistics) or equivalent preferred.
- 1-3 years' experience with PC, including Microsoft Office, databases, software, web-based applications, and vendor's systems.
- Experience with OGA (FDA, USDA, FCC, DOT).
- Ability to handle various tasks simultaneously under high pressure and within demanding time constraints.
- Exposure to domestic, warehousing and distribution a plus.
- Experience filing ACE entries are preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required for quoting, vendor management, and customer interaction.
- Proven ability to communicate information to customers and vendors and internal communication.
- The ideal candidate is a detailed oriented, organized problem solver with strong customer service skills.
- Ability to handle multiple accounts, including account maintenance such as Electronic data management of ISF filings with US Customs, international documentation, Customs entries, and customer service.
- Candidate must have at least 1-5 years of experience handling import customers and working with the Harmonized Tariff Schedule, and a good understanding of other governmental agency regulations.
- We are looking for someone with excellent written and verbal communications skills, the discipline to implement and follow Standard Operating Procedures, and has very strong computer/tech skills including MS Office.