CONFIDENTIAL COMPANY IN CHICAGO, IL
Salary Range: $175,000 - $185,000
Variable Target Bonus: 10%
SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS
Ensuring excellence in Supply Chain & Operations through Effective and Efficient procurement by Benchmarking Global standards of Manufacturing and Supply chain, managing inventory by following JIT Norms, effectively managing the Packaging development function to launch new products and embracing new technological inventions in this space, using SAP as an effective tool to monitor the progress of various aspects of SCM, being part of Management team in contributing in Policy setting.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contract manufacturers for materials planning, procurement & manufacture of products as per Sales Forecasting.
- All the activities related to Supply Chain.
- Logistics services providers for FG distribution in the US and other export markets up-to customers' warehouse.
- Activities related to Warehousing.
- Functions/activities within the Customer Service department.
- Packaging development and Dive all Packing changes and upgrades as well as enforcement of all packaging compliance
- Functions/activities within the R&D department
- Oversee Regulatory compliance of all company products.
- Establish all goals and policies for the Operations Department.
- Drafting and Implementation of all SOPs related to Operations.
- Develop, review & report on Operations department's strategy, ensuring these strategic Objectives are well understood by the team and executed on time.
- Preparing the Annual Budgets for the Operations Department, present the annual budgets for Board approval and manage all resources within the Budgeted guidelines as per the Company's policies.
- Strategy formulation to achieve maximum benefit from the "Turn-key Contract Manufacturing model".
- Formulation and implementation of both the short term and long-term Manufacturing Strategy for the Company.
- Negotiate & finalize annual buying rates from all Contract manufacturers for all Finished Goods (Existing and NPDs). A spend of USD 40 million.
- Release of all Co Packer Purchase orders and their supply adherences, On time in full (OTIF).
- Ensue all contract manufacturers meet their monthly production targets including targets with respect to operational efficiency i.e. controlling overhead expenses, wastage reduction & control and improving manpower productivity through innovative ideas and automation. Any shortfall in production targets is corrected basis periodic reviews.
- Responsible for Contract Manufacturer's capacity utilization monitoring and planning for the current & future production plans.
- Develop New Contract Manufacturers by benchmarking their manufacturing capabilities and conducting their techno-commercial evaluations.
- Develop and formulate long and short-term planning policies, programs and goals related to Supply Chain Management.
- Integration of Supply chain activities across the organization leading to optimal customer service, product supply, inventory investment and cost.
- Lead the team responsible for demand planning (basis Sales forecast), using the latest forecasting tools (IT enabled) thus ensuring there is an undisturbed and continues supply of Finished goods to meet all Sales demand.
- Lead the joint working session of Operation & sales team, wherein sales forecast gets integrated with demand generation, finally leading to Production planning.
- SLOB monitoring (Slow moving and Obsolete Products) and formulation of Liquidation plan in consultation with Sales.-
- Ensure efficient stock planning and inventory management to ensure finished goods inventories are maintained within agreed norms.
- Establish the goals and policies for the Customer Service Department.
- Lead the team responsible for driving the Sales order management process of the company including order entry, dispatch & timely delivery of all Goods to the Customers.
- Vendor claim management & their settlement. (Customer claims raised by various retailers like Walmart, Walgreens, Dollar General, Family Dollar, etc. are reviewed and settled jointly with Sales & Operations).
- Negotiation of International freight rates with freight forwarders and ensuring all International shipments are delivered to the Customers at the shortest possible time.
Warehouse & Logistics:
- Ensure efficiency & cost control in warehousing & distribution operations. Efficiency are measured weekly against predefined matrix and corrective actions taken in case of any drop in performance.
- Control external warehouse agency to ensure proper handling and storage of FG and accurate & timely order picking and execution.
- Review of all Warehouse performance Metrix and planning for corrective actions in case of any drop in performance.
- Negotiate and finalize freight rates with logistics companies by benchmarking lane rates provided by different logistic providers like (UPS, YRC, FedEx, Old Dominion etc).
- Monitoring logistics service providers DIFOT metrics and freight costs to ensure these are within budgets.
- Review & manage the cost of distribution through monthly monitoring of actual vs budgeted Costs.
- Lead packaging department team with best in class processes and systems that effectively support Marketing to enhance shelf presence, brand value and demand of products through creating a pack design that expresses the nature of the product and lends it a unique image and thereby giving it a competitive advantage.
- Drive existing packaging upgradation & cost optimization projects.
- Roll-out of Innovative and cost-efficient packaging for all NPDs within the agreed timelines.
- Establish the goals and policies for the R&D Team for development of all hair care products.
- Ensure R&D team is meeting their objectives for new product development.
- Drive development of new technology through Contract Manufacturers.
- Drive all re-formulations for improving the performance of existing products.
- Lead the team responsible for identifying potential risk for the company and suggest action and/or corrective course to minimize such risk and ensure timely compliance.
- Ensure all products are in full compliance with regulatory requirements for federal and state labeling, hazard communication, reporting and /or registration requirements for FDA, EPA, CPSC, Health Canada, EU, DOT.
- Ensure all products are compliant prior to proposed FDA and EU cosmetic regulations.
The Head of Operations reports to the Business Head (BH) with a functional reporting to Head of Operations (IBD-International Business Division). Works closely with Marketing, Sales, Finance, HR & Legal Department.
- 15 years of relevant experience in a 50- 500 people organization
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field required
- Master's degree in relevant field preferred