Are you a dynamic individual with a knack for closing the deal? We need dedicated people like you at XPO Logistics. Fortune Magazine named XPO among the most admired companies in the world, and we are listed as one of America's best employers by Forbes. As the Senior Buyer, you will coordinate the purchasing activities associated with supply-based performance. You'll create purchase orders, monitor supplier metrics, resolve problems with delivery of goods and/or services and work with other functional areas as necessary to ensure service level objectives are met. If you're looking for an exciting opportunity with a company that's clearly going places, join us at XPO.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Monitor and handle blanket and discrete purchase orders
- Track supplier performance to minimum/maximum inventory levels
- Lead the implementation of corrective actions to ensure service performance
- Serve as the dedicated primary point of contact between parts/services suppliers and XPO
- Work with Customer Service and program participants to resolve service issues
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 3 years of experience as a commodity buyer
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, with intermediate to advanced Excel skills
It'd be great if you also have:
- Ability to communicate effectively across the organization
- Strong process improvement and change management skills
- Procurement experience with multisite companies
- Self-motivated and able to work well with minimal direct supervision or in a team environment
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.