Director, National Sales
Director, National Sales
About our Company:
In business for over 62 years, Aloha Freight is the premier freight forwarder to and from the Hawaiian Islands. We are looking for a National Sales Director in the Los Angeles area. Aloha Freight offers competitive compensation, along with Health, Dental and Vision Insurance with no premium cost. Aloha Freight also sponsors a pension plan, a bonus plan, and a sales volume incentive plan. If you want to be part of a dedicated, energetic, and friendly team, Aloha Freight Forwarders is where you need to be!
We want to grow our business even more than we have in the past. To complement our current resources, we have an opening for a Director, National Sales. The primary responsibilities of the Director, National Sales will be to grow company revenue and profit by identifying and developing new business opportunities while organically growing solid business relationships with existing key accounts. This role requires a strong ability to identify and engage with senior level decision makers in a consultative, collaborative manner, and ultimately a solid ability to "close the deal".
The ideal candidate will be an individual with a proven track record of strong revenue and profit growth in the freight/logistics industry.
The Director, National Sales will be responsible for revenue growth from new accounts by identifying decision makers, coordinating customer meetings, identifying customer solution requirements and co-developing comprehensive pricing strategies to enhance customer business. The Director, National Sales will assist in establishing standard operating procedures (SOPs) for meeting customer expectations, work with Accounts Receivable to resolve billing disputes, and manage initiatives to improve service execution.
The Director, National Sales will promote internal business relationships with operations, rates development, customer service and Aloha management to identify opportunities with new and existing accounts and create compelling business solutions and winning proposals. He/she will support customers as a client advocate to ensure committed offerings (e.g., accurate billing, shipping times, pricing and other services) are delivered as committed, and our service offering meets or exceeds client expectations.
- Generate new revenue and margin growth, particularly with mid- to large-sized shipper/payor national clients.
- Consistently meet or exceed sales goals, moving sales prospects through the funnel to successful close.
- Cultivate an internal environment that focuses on revenue and profit growth, while promoting Aloha's excellent customer service levels.
- Cultivate multi-level customer relationships and identify key decision makers and business opportunities.
- Work closely with rate development to insure consistently professional, timely, cost effective proposal presentation.
- Demonstrate proficiency in scheduling field travel to minimize cost while maximizing client meeting times.
- Manage client relationships and expectations, with a focus on clear communication between sales, operations and client representatives.
- Solid comprehension of competitor strategies and capabilities for effective positioning of Aloha services in the marketplace.
- Prepare and coordinate scheduled client business review discussions/presentations.
- Drive strategic customer and internal process initiatives including corrective action plans.
- Stay current on client and industry trends.
- Integrate and educate clients on Aloha service offering advantages, including service KPI's and technology solutions.
- Make timely and daily updates to the Aloha's proprietary Customer Relationship Management system.
- Complete and submit required reporting in a timely and complete fashion.
- Ensure that new and existing clients are educated on the Aloha claim process.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
- 5 years of applicable experience in sales highly preferred.
- Highly motivated and goal oriented, with a confident, energetic, positive attitude.
- Good general knowledge of the freight forwarding, logistics, and transportation industry.
- Successful experience working in an entrepreneurial business environment.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent problem solving and negotiating skills.
- Strong computer and analytical skills, proficient in producing sales presentations and compelling, data driven business conclusions.
- Familiar with multiple sales strategy concepts, with an ability to align approach with each client for optimal results.
- Bachelor's degree in business or marketing preferred; a combination of education and relevant sales experience will be considered.
- Excellent English language oral and written communication skills, bilingual in Spanish a plus.
- Ability to travel as needed to meet sales goals – around 25% of the month.
- Must hold USA citizenship, a valid passport, or a work visa
This position requires frequent car travel to visit with customers and the ability to drive a car for long periods of time; It may require overnight travel to meet with team members and/or customers. Therefore, the ability to travel via plane, carry luggage, and drive a vehicle are key physical requirements. This position will require the ability to sit or stand for long periods, use a computer, including a mouse, keyboard and monitor, with or without reasonable accommodations.
Work is generally performed within an office environment with standard office equipment available. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate. While performing the duties of this job, the individual is occasionally exposed to working near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this role.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive, and employees shall perform other duties as appropriate. Aloha Freight Forwarders, Inc. reserves the right to change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. Aloha Freight Forwarders is an EEO/AA employer.