Corporate Fleet Manager
- Pay structure – Salary plus Bonus
- Company vehicle.
- Excellent medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401k with match
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick time.
The Fleet Manager will provide field support, including the development of strategies, to continually increase the utilization of fleet assets by using technology and best practices to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of fleet operations.
ASSIGNED TERRITORY: California, Nevada, Colorado, Washington, Oregon, Idaho. The successful candidate must be located in the assigned territory.
- Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Support, mentor and provide guidance to plant fleet management personnel; continual increase in the utilization of fleet assets.
- Provide management assistance, oversight and feedback to plant GMs,
- Operations Management, and Corporate Executive team.
- Compile and manage the fleet capex budget for assigned locations.
- Manage orders for new, approved equipment in conjunction with managing the disposition of obsolete equipment.
- Coordinate and interact with accounting and treasury on various financial issues.
- Responsible for knowledge of all DOT regulations; must provide operational oversight and feedback regarding safe fleet operations and DOT compliance.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience managing a fleet shop.
- Bachelors Degree preferred.
- Working knowledge of fleet software; capable of training others at plant level.
- Working knowledge of fleet specifications and OEM standings.
- Balance of mechanical and technical ability with regard to fleet operations.
- Detail oriented; highly organized
- Ability to work well with internal and external customers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Problem analysis and assessment for solutions
- Self-starter; self-motivated
- Position entails approximately 50% travel annually.
- Frequently required to walk, stand, sit, climb, balance, stop, kneel, crawl and crouch.
- Frequently required to lift up to 10 lbs.
- Regularly required to reach with hands and arms.
Job duties will be carried out in multiple environments including plant, office and personal vehicle.
Darling Ingredients Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or, protected veteran status.
EEO is the Law.