BNSF Logistics is an industry-leading transportation intermediary, committed to providing value to each of our customers through professional acumen, entrepreneurial drive, and individual commitment. We are one of the fastest growing 3PLs in North America and pride ourselves on service flexibility and modal breadth. BNSF Logistics is an indirect, wholly owned subsidiary of Burlington Northern Santa Fe LLC (A Berkshire Hathaway Company).
Our vision is to establish BNSF Logistics as the leader in providing creative logistics solutions that consistently exceed our customer’s expectations. BNSF Logistics offers services that range from single shipment execution to complete network design and operation. Our modal expertise spans parcel, truckload, intermodal, and rail. BNSF Logistics provides a blend of professional expertise with logistics technology designed to maximize customer value.
National Account Manager, Intermodal
REMOTE! Preference given to candidates in major U.S. city
BNSF Logistics offers competitive benefit programs and services including, but not limited to:
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive health benefits package
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Flexible spending account
- Company paid life, short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Employee discounts on autos, travel, electronics, insurance, etc.
- Tuition assistance
- Professional training staff with an industry leading Learning Management System
- Company culture that recognizes its employees
Our Purpose: We Deliver What Matters
Our Guiding Principles:
- Protect the well-being of ourselves and others
- Drive innovation and embrace transformation
- Respect and serve everyone
- Keep our commitments
- Celebrate and enjoy the journey
- Foster a collaborative and inclusive community
The key responsibility of a National Accounts Manager (NAM) is the development of new business revenue in specified services. National Accounts Managers will work at the direction of the Director of Multimodal Solutions and independently, to identify, engage and close new business opportunities with shippers. New business may be in specific modes of transportation services - This position will be targeting intermodal service solutions.
Director of Multimodal Solutions will jointly establish annual revenue growth objectives for each National Account Manager, and provide guidance with new business targets and service segments. All sales activity performed is to be documented in our internal Customer Relationship Management tool (CRM) for ongoing evaluation of the new business pipeline and measurement of sales closure results.
- Perform full cycle sales activity including research, introduction, discovery, strategy development, pricing, presentation of BNSF Logistics services and capabilities, relationship building and opportunity development with new customers
- Prospect new customers through various channels, including phone, email, etc.
- Meet and communicate with current customers to build relationship between the customer and BNSFL as well as grow wallet share
- Develop pricing strategy and proposals for deliver to customers
- Partner internally to build solutions for customers, including pricing, implementation and future growth opportunities
- Collaborate with marketing, operations, finance, claims, and other company departments
- Administrative duties (i.e. travel planning, expense reports, CRM documentation, sales reports)
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned
This position requires business travel, and time away from an office environment. The NAM must be able to work independently, and schedule their time productively to maximize the number of direct prospect and customer contacts. The responsibilities of the position often require activities with customers and other company personnel after normal office hours.
Our ideal candidate has:
- 5 plus years of experience in related logistics sales
- 3 plus years of experience in Intermodal service solutions
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education
- A passion for sales – knowledge of sales cycle and strategy
- A knack for building strong relationships, both internally and externally
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- An "think-outside-the-box" problem solver who sees issues as opportunities
- A high energy, competitive, win-win attitude
- A combination of related experience (transportation sales intermodal service solutions management experience) can be considered
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.