Discover the power of one — and all — at Core-Mark
Come join the team that has been empowering customers, investing in people and serving communities for 130 years. The Power of One. Strengthen By All.
CORE-MARK TERRITORY MANAGER
- Accountable for delivering the territory sales plan with targeted gross margins.
- Accountable for territory market share growth.
- Accountable for year over year growth, within existing accounts, through strategic use of company initiatives like VCI, FMI, Fresh, Core Solutions, SmartStock, etc.
- Measurable improvement reducing distribution gaps in historical DSD categories.
- Educate customers on category management trends and marketing opportunities.
- Build and develop customer pricing profiles for account specific profit strategies.
- Prepare ongoing territory sales forecast as directed by the General Sales Manager.
- Effective negotiating skills for closing the sale and customer term agreements.
- Coordination and participation of sales meetings, conferences, and trade shows.
- Work with Credit Dept. to minimize exposure and manage high-risk accounts.
- Ongoing sales team training and development to ensure proper execution of all administrative activity (order taking, A/R, returns, tags, customer communication).
- Achieve Sales Manager assigned goals for Corporate Marketing Program implementation.
- Build effective business relationships with all retail partners in assigned territory.
- Ensure employee compliance with all human resource policies, job requirements, and sales objectives, through ongoing training and development of direct reports.
- Effectively source, recruit, hire, train, and develop talented people for Core-Mark.
- Provide effective leadership, ideas, and input, related to P&L activity and results.
- Identify new opportunities with a new business target list and solicitation strategy.
- Effectively use the technology resources provided, to analyze the current business state and provide focus, direction and effective selling strategies to the sales team.
- Effective computer skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.) for data mining, data analysis, information dissemination, and sales communication.
- Reliable vehicle with current driver's license, acceptable driving record and vehicle insurance
- Practical knowledge and the ability to apply skills to the Convenience Retail Industry.
- Excellent internal/external communication skills, verbal and written.
- Must present a professional work ethic, professional presence, and positive attitude.
- Must have excellent selling skills with effective use of interpersonal relationships.
- Ability to travel within territory - road warrior.
- Intermediate or Advanced Microsoft Suite skills
- Exceptional Organizational and Time Management Skills.
- Effective Relationship Building, Networking, and Prospecting Skills.
- Effective Strategic Thinking, Planning/Preparation, and Presentation Skills.