Customs Broker Supervisor
JAS is an international, non-asset-based supply chain services and solutions company. Our services include air and ocean freight forwarding, contract logistics, customs brokerage, distribution, inbound logistics, truckload brokerage and other supply chain management services, including consulting, the coordination of purchase orders and customized management services.
This position has end-to-end responsibility for supervision of customs entries. Must interface with multiple points of contact to ensure entries are timely and compliant. Responsible for training, supervising, and assisting CHB Specialists on a daily basis.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
Essential is your ability to:
- Provide training and support to CHB specialists.
- Perform audits of brokerage files.
- Conduct performance evaluations of subordinates.
- Ensure productivity among direct subordinates.
- Assist CHB manager as necessary.
- Supervise end-to-end process for CHB files.
- Monitor timely release from Customs and OGA.
- Process customs entries accurately and in a timely manner.
The incumbent will directly and/or indirectly supervise one or more employees, and must currently have a broker's license.
- Conduct performance evaluations for CHB department staff.
- Recommend hiring, firing and promotion.
- Identify and resolve personnel issues.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office suite.
- Detail oriented, able to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated, able to work in a team and independently.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to perform the essential duties of this position without posing a "direct threat" to the health or safety of self or others.
- Able to interact positively and effectively with co-workers, subordinates and supervisors.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Bachelor's degree in related field, desired but not required.
- 3-5 years' experience in imports or combination of education and experience.
WHAT ELSE WOULD I NEED TO KNOW?
The responsibilities associated with this job will change from time to time in accordance with the Company's business needs. More specifically, the incumbent may be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities from those set forth above.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of the position at any time.
JAS Forwarding (USA), Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS
JAS USA IS A CUSTOMS BROKER, GOVERNED BY FEDERAL REGULATION. FEDERAL REGULATIONS PROVIDE THAT JAS MAY HAVE IT BROKERAGE LICENSE SUSPENDED OR REVOKED IF IT "KNOWINGLY EMPLOYED, OR CONTINUES TO EMPLOY, ANY PERSON WHO HAS BEEN CONVICTED OF A FELONY, WITHOUT WRITTEN APPROVAL OF THAT EMPLOYMENT FROM THE ASSISTANT COMMISSIONER." JAS WILL PERFORM A BACKGROUND CHECK TO DETERMINE IF YOU HAVE BEEN CONVICTED OF A FELONY AND IF SO, ABSENT SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES, YOU WILL NOT BE HIRED OR WILL BE TERMINATED IMMEDIATELY.