Fleet Maintenance Manager
McFarland Truck Lines is an Austin, MN based truckload truck line and we are currently looking for a Service Manager. We currently own 125 trucks and 200 temperature-controlled trailers, and one shop.
The Maintenance Manager plays a critical role in our company. This position reports directly to the owners and will be included in many strategic decisions along with having responsibilities in running the day-to-day maintenance shop operations in Austin, MN.
Interact with Drivers, Fleet Dispatchers, and outside vendors to schedule work and update job progress. Generate and update RO's using our maintenance software. Assure all paperwork is in order when turned in by the techs. Assist in the ordering of parts for the Diesel Mechanic on the floor and review each job to assure quality standards are maintained. Provide technical assistance and direction to techs where necessary. Negotiate agreements with outside vendors. Perform random quality control audits on PMI services. Assume various other duties as assigned.
- Preferred candidates will have at least 3 years in fleet vehicle maintenance experience overseeing technicians.
- Minimally qualified candidates will have at least 3 years of team management in an environment with strong operational and fiscal metrics.
- Comprehensive knowledge of all aspects of heavy diesel truck maintenance and repair, including computer diagnostics, A/C, ABS, suspension, and preventive maintenance.
- Have a strong understanding of refrigerated trailers.
- The ability to work and complete multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to work with outside repair shops.
- Strong Customer Service and people skills.
- The ability to learn our maintenance software. A working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel).
Our Benefits Include:
- Health, Dental, and Life insurance.
- Paid vacation, sick pay, and holidays.
- We also offer a company matched 401k retirement program.
- Salaried position, $75,000 to $80,000.
- Compensation will be based on experience and a company provided vehicle.