Night Warehouse Manager
About our Company :
Established in 1939, Lipman Brothers was the first distributor of wine and spirits in Middle Tennessee.
Lipman Brothers has an extensive wholesale portfolio of wine, spirits, beer, bottled water, mixers, crystal and cigars. We have proven leadership in the marketplace since 1939. The company services all trade channels including retail, grocery, convenience and bars/restaurants.
As a family-owned and operated enterprise, Lipman Brothers serves as an educational resource for both trade and consumer markets. Lipman Brothers is committed to adding value to its customers, setting high standards of respect for its employees, exemplary professional representation of its suppliers, and support for communities throughout the state.
The Night Manager is responsible for directing overall warehouse nighttime production activities and is responsible for a safe, profitable, and efficient operation.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establishes operational procedures for activities such as handling and disposition of materials and keeping warehouse inventory current
- Ensures the physical condition of warehouse and equipment are properly maintained
- Ensures work orders for repairs and requisitions for replacement of equipment are submitted to the appropriate persons
- Ensures safe operation of the warehouse including meeting company standards for sanitation, maintenance, security and housekeeping
- Ensures the profitability of the warehouse
- Responsible for adequate staffing, training, coaching and counseling for employees
- Reports employees' hours worked to Payroll on a weekly basis
- Partners with human resources scheduling interviews, hiring, and training.
- Responsible for planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining
- Works with the IT department with issues arising from malfunctioning automated software
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws
- Addresses complaints and resolves problems
- Drug Test and Background Screening Required.
- Hours are typically 4:30pm-4:30am Monday night through Friday morning 4am
- 4x10 hour shifts (approx. 45 hours per week).
- Occasionally open warehouse on some weekends typically during peak season (Oct, Nov, Dec, Jan), generally less than 5 weekends a year.
- This position will have 35-40 hourly workers in the warehouse reporting to them.
- Minimum 7-10 years warehouse, inventory, production experience
- Minimum AA or equivalent
- Good math skills
- Good excel, word application
- Excellent communication and delegation skills
- Minimum 5 years of proven leadership skills
- Knowledge of GMP
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs.