Maintenance & Repair Manager
Dutch Harbor, AK
This position will manage the day-to-day maintenance operations of APL's Dutch Harbor, Alaska – Terminal 1, overseeing a team of ILWU Mechanics. Coordinate repairs and oversee Kodiak's mechanics to march procedures developed for Dutch. Coordinate with third-party vendors that use APL's equipment in the various Alaskan Outports to ensure proper maintenance is performed.
Additionally, it will participate and coordinate as member of the on-going M&R OPI teams. Document all savings potentials and commentaries as required by corporate guidelines. – Analyze tire failure reporting by key vendors and communicate recommendations for operational and business changes to drive down tire cost.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES/JOB DUTIES
- Supervise the work and schedules of union maintenance personnel
- Implement quality control measures to ensure worker safety and to verify that repairs are being make correctly.
- Ensure that inventories are accurate and within budget.
- Coordinate/communicate equipment and maintenance needs for coverage of vessel schedules with terminal.
- Manage the scheduling and worked performed for preventive maintenance of all APL equipment
- Ensure that requests are submitted within APL Guidelines
- Ensure that agreements are in place to protect APL in the event of damaged equipment from customers.
- Maintains detail process indicator performance reporting for Americas Variable Equipment M&R.
- Maintains KPI database on Overtime/ straight time ratios, parts cost per unit cost rations, hours per unit productivity ratios, units repaired weekly area reporting. Analyze current M&R operations for cost reduction and efficiency improvements.
- Facilitates, maintains and coordinates, IT projects, financial reporting and system enhancements. Compiles and maintains APL/CMA's yard equipment fleet management program.
Required Education: College education or OJT experience.
Experiences: Power shop supervision with minimum (7) seven years of experience.
Skill Sets: Union exposure, basic computer skills, organized, communication skills necessary to work with union structure integrated into corporate requirements.
Language Skills: English with good writing skills.
Qualified candidates, please click APPLY NOW!