Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
The purpose of this position is to assist in the development, implementation and documenting of packaging for bearings and power transmission products which will meet or exceed our customer's requirements while maintaining global consistency. This includes working cross functionally with multiple areas within the company on a global scale to ensure protection of the brand while being cost competitive. The packaging and logistics leadership team will determine the projects to be worked on based on highest impact to the region and/or company.
Contribute to creation of new packaging solutions:
- New product launches
- Customer specific requirements
- Global solutions (i.e. new ship cases) that drive global consistency while improving efficiency, quality and reduced costs
- Through training, gain a basic familiarity with packaging materials and processes used
- BBS source changes
Maintenance of existing packaging solutions:
- Establish materials to be used for packaging of bearings and related parts and that those materials meet the structural and functional requirements.
- Input into the writing, approval and global adherence to standards and specifications. - Responsible for auditing for adherence to the standards and specifications.
- Document said information into databases, including Global Packaging website and other databases as needed (such as Edoc's).
- Standards and spec are current and accurate for solutions worked on Continuous Improvement
- Utilize continuous improvement processes to develop and implement packaging changes which will reduce costs or improve quality
- Gathering and analyzing data from a variety of databases in order to arrive at fact-based decisions
Drive global consistency:
- Assist in training for associates including sales, service engineers, marketing, manufacturing and quality associates
- Guide regional packaging coordinators on issues or concerns globally
- Lead on management of change process as it relates to packaging
- Investigation of possible counterfeit packaging
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project
- Ability to read, understand and create engineering drawings and use drawing packages (Solid Works, CAD)
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to present to all levels of the organization
- SAP knowledge and experience
- Strong time management skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Understanding of shipping dynamics including load transfer and shock/vibration
- Project management experience
- Thorough understanding of packaging materials, packaging equipment, distribution packaging and processes
- Bachelor's Degree in Packaging Engineering, Engineering or related field.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.