Logistics done differently.
You have a passion for logistics, and you know how to keep things moving. At XPO Logistics, we're constantly looking for people like you to help keep our operations running smoothly. As the Operations Manager, you'll have the opportunity to connect with customers, assist in route planning and monitoring, and build a bright professional future. Become a part of our dynamic team and you'll have a starring role in helping us continue to provide daily freight solutions for our global customers.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Provide support to our home delivery services for a designated market region
- Manage contracted drivers operating 6 days per week in multiple locations
- Oversee supervisory and warehouse staff, including interviewing, hiring, training, directing work and conducting performance reviews
- Assist with route planning and route monitoring
- Pre-screen contract carriers from incoming applicant database for contract eligibility (based on DOT standards and company policies)
- Work with national sales team to analyze competitive advantages and disadvantages, and to develop pricing and other initiatives that facilitate new avenues of growth
- Manage expenses continuously and accurately to meet P&L budget goals
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Associate degree in a business-related field or equivalent work experience
- 2 years of supervisory experience
- 2 years of logistics management experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint and Project)
It'd be great if you also have:
- Bachelor's degree in Logistics or Supply Chain Management and 1 or more years of logistics or transportation experience
- Knowledge and understanding of DOT and OSHA regulations
- Excellent negotiation skills; able to deal effectively with individuals and groups within and outside the organization
- Ability to prioritize regular workload, special tasks and concurrent projects, allocating time and resources appropriately to meet deadlines
- Self-motivated work style; able to work with minimal direct supervision
- Familiarity with the most widely known and emerging tools, technologies and social applications
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.