This Business Analyst role serves as part of Armada's Project Management Office (PMO) and works to ensure project success by analyzing business needs/requirements and acting as a liaison between business functions and the technical/project resource teams.
The Business Analyst will work with business units to document project desired effects, quantify project benefits & costs, analyze process issues/pain points, and collect technical requirements based on the needs and strategic vision of the organization. In addition, the Business Analyst will assist in the designing, development, testing, implementation and training of technical solutions.
The Business Analyst is expected to build an effective and professional working relationship with business functions and be able to communicate with all levels of the organization. A successful candidate should be analytic, self-motivated, independent with a can-do attitude. In addition, this individual should have strong business acumen with great attention to details.
- Interact with business stakeholders and interview business unit personnel at all levels to understand their needs and goals for a related solution
- Gather detailed requirements from business users and translate into a format easily understood by technical resources. Act as the main point of contact for requirements and/or functional related process questions
- Identify and document process pain points and opportunities for improvement through information gathering and critical thinking
- Work with project teams to identify and manage project risks and issues
- Prepare standard operating procedure documents and conduct training sessions if necessary
- Support business users by problem solving and troubleshooting issues, and work with users to ensure successful delivery of solutions that meet their expectations
- Assist project managers with project scoping, resource hours estimation, business case preparation, reporting, and communication as required
- Establish productive working relationships with internal/external customers
- Maintain a high level of familiarity with Armada's business processes, systems, and data to effectively analyze process performance and identify issues
- Become fully immersed in Armada's Project Management and Process Improvement methodologies/principles and help assist with further development of the Business Analysis playbook
Education and experience requirement
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Logistics, or Supply Chain Management
- 1-3 years of experience in Transportation, Inventory Management, Client Support, Finance or other business functions
- Ability to interact, collaborate, and communicate with business stakeholders throughout the organization
- Ability to interpret, document, and translate business problems/needs
- Ability to translate needs into business solution designs
- Prior knowledge or experience with Business Analysis and/or Project Management methodologies, especially in a technical environment
- Prior knowledge experience with Business Process Improvement methodologies such as Lean Six Sigma
- Specific functional experience and expertise in Supply Chain Management
Familiarity with Supply Chain Information Technology systems, such as JDE, data warehouse, TMS, WMS, and advanced planning systems
Language and technical skills requirement:
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite of products.
- Knowledge of MS Project and Visio a plus
- Strong analytic skills with the ability to analyze large amounts of raw data and summarize into clear, accurate, meaningful, value-added reports and analysis
- Solid problem solving skills, with demonstrated experiences of individual and team based problem solving
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Physical demands and work environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is usually performed in an office environment with normal noise levels. Involves prolonged sitting and computer usage.
- Work may involve limited travel.
This job description is not intended, and should not be construed to be, an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended, however, to be an accurate reflection of those principal job elements essential for making decisions related to job performance, employee development and compensation. As such, the incumbent may perform other duties and responsibilities as required. Its contents imply no contractual obligation and may be changed by the company at any time.