Logistics done differently.
Transport Topics ranked XPO Logistics #1 in North America, and Forbes named us one of America's best employers. We're always looking for talented individuals at all levels, who can deliver the caliber of service our company requires. As the Director of Supply Chain Operations, you will support the development and lead the implementation of the XPO Operating System (XOS). You will influence all levels of operations to drive culture and performance improvement within the supply chain network. Become a part of our growing, dynamic team and we'll help you build your career to a level that will exceed your expectations.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Build and grow excellent customer relationships through shared goals, exceptional performance, open and direct communications, problem-solving and collaboration
- Manage and lead a team of project managers to drive results across integrated work streams
- Directly oversee and lead a portfolio of new implementations, expansions and projects in the supply chain
- Work collaboratively with internal and external partners to deliver projects on time and on budget, while meeting all expectations
- Conceptualize a future state in relatable terms to site operations teams and executive leaders; develop the change management plan for effective and efficient implementation
- Articulate, execute and align internal and external customers on the project management framework and operating model required to ensure deliverables are met
- Create visibility into risks and issues, and create the conditions for resolution
- Report site deployment and project execution progress using standard reporting templates
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree in Project Management, Supply Chain, Engineering or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- 10 years of progressive experience in operations project management or supply chain management in a distribution center environment or a related field
- Experience leading large-scale, multisite and/or multiregional projects
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
It'd be great if you also have:
- Industrial engineering experience
- Project management certification
- Availability to travel at least 75% of the time, occasionally on short notice
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to present clean, organized and thorough information and data appropriate for intended audience
- Strong project and time management skills with the ability to multitask and manage customer expectations
- Demonstrated leadership ability and experience with informal authority
- Outstanding interpersonal and management skills; ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and get along with diverse personalities
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.