Logistics done differently.
Named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune, XPO Logistics is the #1 logistics company in North America according to Transport Topics. And our employees and their safety is our number one priority. As a Linehaul Customer Service Representative, you will be responsible for evaluating and managing accident scenes, employee injuries and linehaul roadside breakdowns. You will work within XPO's Safety Policy guidelines, as well as DOT, FMCSA and OSHA regulations in a call center environment to ensure our drivers are taken care of when they need assistance. On our team, you'll have the support to excel at work and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Receive incoming calls from employees who have been involved in an accident, have been injured, and/or have been in a linehaul roadside breakdown; receive calls from the motoring public, law enforcement, claims adjusters and casualty claims department
- Coordinate service repairs and breakdown assistance between service centers and vendors on several different types of company equipment, such as trucks, trailers, dollies, forklifts, hostlers or other equipment
- Collaborate with all levels and departments to include Executives, Safety Managers, and Shop Managers, as well as other departments such as Accounts Payable and Casualty Claims
- Follow directions while remaining engaged, productive, flexible and adaptable to changing conditions and expectations
- Consistently maintain a professional demeanor and communicate in a respectful and collaborative manner
- Offer team support when and where needed; understand that individual contributions are a reflection of the team and can impact credibility and/or customer satisfaction
- Demonstrate XPO's core values and comply with all company policies and procedures
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- 2 years of experience in a call center environment
- Excellent typing and 10-key skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other business-related software
- Availability to work a variety of shifts, including days, evenings, nights and weekends
It'd be great if you also have:
- Familiarity with DOT regulations
- Transportation experience
- Ability to work independently, with little or no supervision and/or in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Positive, can-do attitude to achieve goals
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to effectively interact with internal and external customers, law enforcement, claims adjusters, etc., and to influence business/function leaders
- Strong organizational and investigative skills
- Creativity and good judgment in problem-solving and communications
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.